Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: The Mary Millington Movie Collection

  1. #1
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    57,584

    The Mary Millington Movie Collection

    Coming later this year from Screenbound in the UK.

    Name:  81+Ky51VJCL.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  34.9 KB

    "Released to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Mary Millington's death, this special edition Blu-ray box set (individually numbered and limited to 3,000 units) features Mary s most glamorous film roles, with new, stunning 2K restorations, including: Come Play with Me (1977), The Playbirds (1978), Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair (1979), Queen of the Blues (1979), Mary Millington s True Blue Confessions (1980) plus Respectable: The Mary Millington Story (2015), an in-depth documentary chronicling her extraordinary life. This collector s edition is a must for any Millington fan! Filled with scintillating new extras, packaged in a collectable case (displaying brand new artwork throughout) and including a huge 80-page book, with an introduction from David Sullivan and notes by biographer Simon Sheridan (author of Keeping the British End Up: Four Decades of Saucy Cinema). A tantalising orgy of extras that no self-respecting lover of Mary Millington or 1970 s British sex comedies can but fail to be aroused by!"
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  2. #2
    Why do I want this set despite the films having only nostalgia value at best? Shame we'll not get the hardcore loops as extras.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Why do I want this set despite the films having only nostalgia value at best? Shame we'll not get the hardcore loops as extras.
    You can find some of them on various porn sites & one of them is definitely rated R18.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Why do I want this set despite the films having only nostalgia value at best? Shame we'll not get the hardcore loops as extras.
    In reply to my Twitter question, Simon Sheridan (author of "Keeping the British End Up" book), who's doing some of the extras, said they will include some short films.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Coming later this year from Screenbound in the UK.

    Name:  81+Ky51VJCL.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  34.9 KB

    "Released to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Mary Millington's death, this special edition Blu-ray box set (individually numbered and limited to 3,000 units) features Mary s most glamorous film roles, with new, stunning 2K restorations, including: Come Play with Me (1977), The Playbirds (1978), Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair (1979), Queen of the Blues (1979), Mary Millington s True Blue Confessions (1980) plus Respectable: The Mary Millington Story (2015), an in-depth documentary chronicling her extraordinary life. This collector s edition is a must for any Millington fan! Filled with scintillating new extras, packaged in a collectable case (displaying brand new artwork throughout) and including a huge 80-page book, with an introduction from David Sullivan and notes by biographer Simon Sheridan (author of Keeping the British End Up: Four Decades of Saucy Cinema). A tantalising orgy of extras that no self-respecting lover of Mary Millington or 1970 s British sex comedies can but fail to be aroused by!"

    Here's details of the extras:


    ‘Ten Million Dirty Words’ (a brand new featurette about Harry Knights, the Nottingham-based porn writer who helped create Mary’s image).
    ‘Confessions of a Pixie’ (an interview with Josie Harrison Marks, the daughter of Come Play With Me’s director George Harrison Marks).
    ‘Mary on Location’ (‘Then and Now’ travelogue revisiting the main locations in Mary’s life and films).
    ‘8mmillington’ (compilation of the ‘tamer’ sequences from Mary’s hardcore 8mm films).
    New ‘The Playbirds’ audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and director Willy Roe.
    New ‘Queen of the Blues’ audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and actor Allan Warren.
    New ‘Mary Millington’s True Blue Confessions’ audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and executive producer David Sullivan.
    ‘Respectable: The Mary Millington Story’ audio commentary by director Simon Sheridan and the BFI’s Sam Dunn.
    ‘Response’ (8mm softcore short film, 1974).
    ‘Wild Lovers’ (8mm softcore short film, 1974).
    ‘Party Pieces’ (8mm softcore short film, 1974).
    ‘Sex Is My Business’ (8mm softcore short film, 1975).
    ‘Mary Millington’s World Striptease Extravaganza’ (1981).
    ‘Come Play with Me’ original 1977 trailer.
    Last edited by fatboyslim142; 06-07-2019 at 01:30 PM.

  6. #6
    Scholar of Sleaze Paul L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The clinic of the mysterious Dr Orlof
    Posts
    4,939
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    You can find some of them on various porn sites & one of them is definitely rated R18.
    'Miss Borloch'? She shot a number of hardcore loops for John Lindsay, under her given name (Mary Maxted). I'm not sure if they've ever 'done the rounds', so to speak.

    There's a 'hard' version of COME PLAY WITH ME too, as I recall, though I believe the 'hard' footage is inserts.

    I'm 'in' for Miss Millington. {Oh, I say.}
    Last edited by Paul L; 06-07-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

    http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    In reply to my Twitter question, Simon Sheridan (author of "Keeping the British End Up" book), who's doing some of the extras, said they will include some short films.
    Nice, extras look good. Providing this isn't too expensive I'm in.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Nice, extras look good. Providing this isn't too expensive I'm in.
    It's out on 7th October & is £54.94 from here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Millington-...s%2C153&sr=1-1

  9. #9
    Amazon prices are ridiculous at the moment with no online HMV, hopefully this will be £45 or £50 elsewhere.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Amazon prices are ridiculous at the moment with no online HMV, hopefully this will be £45 or £50 elsewhere.
    It IS LIMITED to 3000 numbered copies.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •