Thread: Dune Spin Off Series In The Works

Dune Spin Off Series In The Works

"WarnerMedia has decided to press forward with another TV series for its planned streaming service, which should launch later this year. The new project should tell you how excited people are for Denis Villeneuve's upcoming Dune film(s) as it's set to explore more of Frank Herbert's world.

Dune: The Sisterhood, a series following mainly female characters in central roles, has been given a full series order, so you can rest assured that this thing is definitely happening. Villeneuve will helm the pilot, currently being written by Jon Spaihts (Prometheus)."

More here:

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/dune...ff-series-news
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That's some balls right there going ahead with a female fronted sci-fi show spun off from an unreleased film which the previous big screen version of tanked. Guaranteed hit I'm sure.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

The Dune universe is pretty huge, so there's room to explore a lot more than just what will be covered in the film, but yeah, it's risky from a financial perspective for sure.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I gave up after the third book. The original novel is amazing though, and I've always loved Lynch's film. I was 11 when it came out and hadn't read the book yet, and yet I managed to follow it just fine without ingesting spice. Never understood the complaint that it's hard to follow, in fact there's so much bloody voice-over I think it's impossible to lose its plot unless you fall asleep or something. Some of the effects aren't great, but at least it wasn't filmed in a kid's sand pit like the first miniseries.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.