Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Christmas Being Remade... Again.

Black Christmas Being Remade... Again.

"Blumhouse Productions is remaking a classic, and they’ve picked a hell of an intriguing director to bring fresh blood to a bonafide horror standout. The Wrap reports the horror house has tapped director Sophia Takal to helm a new take on “Black Christmas,” as inspired by Bob Clark’s 1974 original, which starred Olivia Hussey, Keir Dullea, Margot Kidder, and John Saxon and has long been hailed as one of the earliest examples of a slasher film.

Takal, best known for directing psychologically taut dramas like “Green” and “Always Shine,” wrote the script alongside April Wolfe. The feature will shoot in New Zealand. Jason Blum of Blumhouse Productions, and Ben Cosgrove and Adam Hendricks of Divide/Conquer are producing. Greg Gilreath and Zac Locke of Divide/Conquer will executive produce."

More here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Name:  Danny-DeVito-Nope.gif
Views: 177
Size:  2.00 MB

Nothing will ever beat the excellent Glen Morgan remake which is a fucking great film in desperate need of a decent blu-ray presenting both cuts on separate discs plus extensive extras (very troubled production with lots of Weinstein fuckery).
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

I remember not hating the remake, but nothing's ever going to top the uneasy windswept atmosphere of the original, or come close to that fantastic Margot Kidder performance. Damn, she was so good in those early films. What a waste of potential.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Only interested if they let Andrea Martin play all the parts this time, like Black Christmas: A One Woman Show.
    Last edited by Wernski; 06-15-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I had no idea this was a thing.

The digital look is pretty cheap looking. I like the release of Friday the 13th in December. Come on, that's clever. It looks like it's doing something a little different than the original, murderous cults and shit, okay, sign me up. It won't be as good as the original but at least it's different.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

This looks like it would have been cool on its own merits. Disappointing that Blumhouse used the title "Black Christmas" to cash in on Bob Clark's legacy. Maybe they'll go for the big bucks and cast one of the Stranger Things kids as Ralphie in A Christmas Story "remake" next.

The Stranger Things kids are too old now.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky