Thread: Thought

Thought

I have escaped from Hell and have an existential thought to share. Perhaps I'm preaching to the crowd or perhaps not but maybe it will arouse a dialog?

The films of Werner Herzog and Joel Reed exist on the same plane. It's all subversive art and has value. To be continued in the next issue where I compare the Sinful Dwarf to Citizen Kane.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

This made me think of Pauline Kael's great quote: "Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash we have very little reason to be interested in them."

Kudos for escaping Hell.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Please forgive my impromptu nature. I'm having an existential moment.

A wine glass emptied. I hold it after finishing and look through the warped bottom: I see my monitor. A bad action movie plays, an explosion is a great neon fire reflected in the glass. I look away and blink. The fire stays registered when I close my eyes. I keep them closed for a long while.
    My old friends appear again. We converse once more and one who had died over a decade ago declares "Who needs Heaven?" We clank our drinks together in agreement.
    All is not bleakness and angst: violence is not always that, such as violent love. It is both a transformative and destructive action. And destruction can lead to creation.
    I open my eyes and my old friends fade away. I look at the wine glass again and let it fall from my fingertips. I respect necessary evil and pick no sides. For Roger Watkins.

"Better to be buried in the body of a friend than the cold ground." Cannibal Holocaust

I'll have what he's having.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

You couldn't handle it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky