Thread: Goddammit Billy Drago is Dead

Goddammit Billy Drago is Dead

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/b...es-1203254180/

Complications from a stroke. Nice that he got the nod for Delta Force 2 and Invasion USA, but I think I first got hip to Billy in the Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

Also, didn't realize that his son is Darren Burrows from Northern Exposure and Cry Baby, which is weird, because he totally looks like Billy. RIP.

RIP

He always played a good creep and was genuinely menacing, but I really liked the sympathetic character he played in MYSTERIOUS SKIN.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

RIP indeed. Very sad. My all time favorite shitty actor. And he was... but he had a magnetic presence that was amazing to watch. Totally elevated everything he showed up in. This bums me out. :-(
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

He was baaaaad, but in an excellent way. RIP indeed.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Was he a shitty actor? I always loved seeing him show up in movies, generally meant it was at least going to be enjoyable. Guess I never really paid attention to his acting, he was just fun to watch.

I'm not sure I agree that he was a shitty actor. Like I said above, he absolutely oozed menace and I'm pretty sure I'd shit my pants if I met him in a dark alley. So for that reason, he was perfect in the roles he's well known for.

Damn. Loved this dude. Rip.
    "You're just gonna grow up to be another Fogerty!"

Watch the Takashi Miike Masters Of Horror episode for some supreme cringe. So, yeah I'd categorize him as bad. But a good bad. The world needs shit actors too. Loved the guy to death. No pun intended.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabonga View Post
    Watch the Takashi Miike Masters Of Horror episode for some supreme cringe.
    That's the only thing I can think of where he was terrible, but that almost looks like an actor being intentionally bad because he either didn't have faith in his director or maybe he didn't want to be there. All speculation, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    That's the only thing I can think of where he was terrible, but that almost looks like an actor being intentionally bad because he either didn't have faith in his director or maybe he didn't want to be there. All speculation, of course.
    Hardly anyone but Drago and Youki Kudoh spoke English on that set. The BTS on the DVD is pretty interesting. I actually like him in Imprint because everything in that movie is fucked so Drago's turning overacting into an artform feels right at home.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Schramm (Jörg Buttgereit, 1993)