Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricochet (1991) and Dead Presidents (1995)

Ricochet was entertaining, John Lithgow is always a fun villain.
    Last edited by Darcy Parker; 07-22-2019 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Autocorrect apparently had a different opinion on this film than I did.

I saw Russell Mulcahy's thriller RICOCHET years ago on a UK non-anamorphic dvd and cut by the morons at the BBFC
    It deserves a special edition blu ray

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Ricochet wasn’t entertaining, John Lithgow is always a fun villain.
    This is my recollection as well.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Ricochet was one of my favorites from back in the day and I've been anxiously waiting for an HD release since blu-ray became a thing. Love that flick. Kinda I wish I knew what the hold up was.

I watched RICOCHET again for the first time in probably 20 years. The first half is awesome, but the last half becomes increasingly absurd and by the climax I was just shaking my head. Lithgow is so good as the villain and the movie is surprisingly nasty and violent, including some seriously juicy squibs.

The DVD is non-anamorphic and when you blow up the picture it looks no better than a VHS.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

I see an HBO logo on Ricochet's Laserdisc. So I guess that means its in the same film purgatory as THE HITCHER.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason C View Post
    I see an HBO logo on Ricochet's Laserdisc. So I guess that means its in the same film purgatory as THE HITCHER.
    Yeah, the DVD is also from HBO, yet there might be hope because it has the Warner logo on it as well.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?