Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: TV worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Finished off Wayne and got to wondering when we would get a second series. Seems like never. Apparently it was a youtube production and given youtube originals are no more it's unlikely to get another run unless it does good business on Amazon. Given Amazon seems to have buried it that would seem to be that.

I hope these services get themselves sorted out fast. I just finished the second season of Warrior. It finishes by setting up all the characters for new conflicts in the third season. Very little resolved at all. And that's probably where it ends because Warner's killed Cinemax while they reshuffle everything for their goddamned HBO Max project. Programs should be cancelled because they've become stultifyingly dull and no ones watching not because of corporate reshuffles.
    Warrior got a third season announced a couple of months ago, and it will wrap the series up.

I was shocked by how satisfying KINGDOM, the Frank Grillo MMA series was. It's pretty much YELLOWSTONE but with 'roid pong instead of cowboys: family stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
    I was shocked by how satisfying KINGDOM, the Frank Grillo MMA series was. It's pretty much YELLOWSTONE but with 'roid pong instead of cowboys: family stuff.
    Thanks for the heads up, I just watched the trailer for season 1, it looks pretty damn good. Not sure when I'll get around to it but it's in my brain now.

*TRIGGER WARNING!* I finished Season 2 of TIN STAR last night. Boy does this show take a bunch of wild turns. Season 2 takes on WITNESS for it's inspiration, taking place in a fictional (oh dear!) Amish town in (gulp) Canada. *sweats profusely* Anyone looking for any kind of realism need not apply. Those looking for incredible acting and dark comic takes should definitely give it a whirl. First thing I watched in long time that doesn't telegraph where it's going. I'm still uncertain about season 3. I watched the trailer for it and kind of shrugged. Maybe down the road after I sit for a spell.

I keep missing BOSCH. They're filming the spinoff right now so maybe by next Spring/early Summer.

Right now I am completely consumed by Steve Rinella's MEATEATER. No pun intended.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Name:  TinStarParentsGuide.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  51.1 KB

Moderation in some things seems aboot right. Season 3: Liverpool, eh?
    Last edited by Barry M; 08-18-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Warrior got a third season announced a couple of months ago, and it will wrap the series up.
    Indeed! There's a dedicated Warrior somewhere about where I've celebrated that. You had me worried there with the 'wrap the series up' comment. Got me googling. The official word from Trooper when asked if it will be the last season was "this is way too much work to put back together to just do one more season.'
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Indeed! There's a dedicated Warrior somewhere about where I've celebrated that. You had me worried there with the 'wrap the series up' comment. Got me googling. The official word from Trooper when asked if it will be the last season was "this is way too much work to put back together to just do one more season.'
    That's even better! The reports I had read said three was to be the end, but I am glad they are wrong! Warrior is one of my favourites that I watched during lockdown. I'm just pissed that the live-action Cowboy Bebop series didn't even try to get Andrew Koji as Spike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
    Name:  TinStarParentsGuide.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  51.1 KB

Moderation in some things seems aboot right. Season 3: Liverpool, eh?
    Alcohol, Drugs and smoking: Moderate
    The drinking is severe. Drugs too for a little while. Tim Roth uses alcohol like a superhero power activator, similar to Dan Clowes' DEATH-RAY. LOTS of drinking on the show. That's my biggest takeaway when thinking about it. I think of Tim Roth drinking.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Tin Star: four episodes in, two tins of Randy's rail spinach down. The F in RCFP is for effin, I see; usage could catch on here.

Samuel Jackson, Brendan Fraser buddy RCMFP flick, please.

Heels on Starz aint bad. One episode so far. But decently written. Got good reviews from the people I know that watched it. But all of them are wrestlers so they are a bit biased.

Plus lots of them are sucking up to Luke Hawx,who is head stunt guy and something else on the show. Trying to get him to book them for season 2.