Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BLIND DEAD from Synapse

you people do realize you can buy a download and watch it whenever you want right? you download it and save it to a hard drive, or a disc, and its viewable anytime you want for the rest of your life. Same as purchasing a disc in a store, Synapse experimented with this, as well as Vinegar Syndrome, but there are some companies still doing this, and their movies don't have DRM in them, I would never buy a movie with DRM, same as I never bought a MP3 album with DRM, and now MP3 albums don't have DRM, they are digital downloads, and you can save them ion a cd, or whatever and listen to them the rest of your life, I am just tired of everyone acting like if you buy a download you can't view it in 2 weeks or something, because that is not true in many cases. In many cases you can save them wherever you want and view them the rest of your life. But be honest about that too, in 40 years will you even be playing DVD's anyhow, how many people right now are playing their 40 year old Beta and VHS tapes? not me, and not very many other people either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    But let's not do that debate again...
    Please.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    you people do realize you can buy a download and watch it whenever you want right? you download it and save it to a hard drive, or a disc, and its viewable anytime you want for the rest of your life. Same as purchasing a disc in a store, Synapse experimented with this, as well as Vinegar Syndrome, but there are some companies still doing this, and their movies don't have DRM in them, I would never buy a movie with DRM, same as I never bought a MP3 album with DRM, and now MP3 albums don't have DRM, they are digital downloads, and you can save them ion a cd, or whatever and listen to them the rest of your life, I am just tired of everyone acting like if you buy a download you can't view it in 2 weeks or something, because that is not true in many cases. In many cases you can save them wherever you want and view them the rest of your life. But be honest about that too, in 40 years will you even be playing DVD's anyhow, how many people right now are playing their 40 year old Beta and VHS tapes? not me, and not very many other people either.
    I'm still buying/playing VHS and Laserdisc so maybe. If I'm alive and there hasn't been some radical shift in how we entertain ourselves like "jacking into the Matrix".

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    ...how many people right now are playing their 40 year old Beta and VHS tapes?
    Present, sir!
    Last edited by Lorne Marshall; 08-15-2019 at 11:59 PM.
    VHS will never die!

Rock! Shock! Pop!