Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Yellowstone - Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner - Paramount Network

It was an emotional episode for sure. I really liked this one.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

So many secrets coming out. I figured Jamie wasn't John's, I assumed he was from a previous relationship Evelyn had. That ending where John calls him son was pitch perfect. I appreciated the positive tone, I hope Jamie leans into it instead of making worse. He'll probably make it worse. His unborn child looms over everything.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

I just learned that Cole Hauser is the son of Wings; no wonder I like him so much!
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

I loved the scene where Rip, Jimmy and the girl were riding in the truck. Very funny.

About halfway through I thought this might be the first episode that didn't do it for me. By the end it won me over but the Monica story just kinda dragged and made me chuckle at how ridiculous it was. Which was a shame that it got pushed to the foreground because everything else was so much more interesting, even the short selling of stocks, and I usually hate that kind of business/tech fetishization but I thought it was riveting!

I'm also glad that Jamie seems to want to help the family. He didn't try to pull a coup or attempt to sell the land on his own. He knows Beth doesn't trust him but he had a concrete offer that need to be considered.

I was so happy Colby finally decided to get naked with Teter but man if they kill both of them off I will be sad.

I still don't see a way for John to keep the land and I knew he wasn't going to listen to anyone. I wonder how much this business with Wade is tied to the land plot?

One of the many things YELLOWSTONE has done for me was it finally got me interested in modern country music, specifically Ryan Bingham aka Walker. I figured when he left the show it was because of his touring schedule and whatnot, so while they left it open I didn't think they would actually bring him back. The night before I was watching one of his concerts on youtube so when Rip and Lloyd go to that bar the second I heard him singing I said "Oh shit". I wonder if he is the body being dumped over the cliff in next week's preview? I wonder what this will mean for Kayce? Kayce has never done anything wrong, other than leaving the ranch to start a family, he's always been the most normal and grounded of the siblings. And that stature extends to outside the family as it showed at the beginning of the episode, he's garnered a respect from the community that no one else has in the family has, including his father.

Ah, OK, so it was Kayce who let him go. I couldn't remember who it was.

Loved the scene when Rip asked Lloyd to be his best man.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Ah, OK, so it was Kayce who let him go. I couldn't remember who it was.

Loved the scene when Rip asked Lloyd to be his best man.
    Yeah it was supposed to be Rip who drove him to the train station but it was right when John put Kayce in charge of the Ranch (briefly). Kayce said he'd drop him off at the train station instead and even Walker suspected something and had a knife drawn in the truck, then Kayce let him go and told him never to come to Montana again. He should have listened.

Yeah that scene with Rip and Lloyd letting the horse free was great. That's the stuff you don't see on any other show.

This is a from a fluff article on a bullshit website but this quote stuck out:

"The end of season 3 is the most jaw-dropping, and I'm wondering how they'll move forward.
    It's funny because Taylor (Sheridan) has always told us that he knows how the show is going to end and I'd love to know." Kelsey Asbille (Monica)

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...eason-3-finale

I'm thinking they might actually lose the ranch. Then maybe spend the rest of the series trying to win it back somehow. The only card I think John has up his sleeve is to sign the ranch over to Rainwater and annex it to the reservation, that way the government can't swoop in and take it. I'd like to think Rainwater would let John and his family continue to live there. Him and Mo speak of John having honor on the battlefield, I don't think Rainwater would stab John in the back. In the face maybe, but not the back.

Two episodes to go and I can't contain myself.

My friend at work said his dad started watching it. His dad, asked him "Hey you like Kevin Costner right?" My friend responded with, "Yeah I know all about YELLOWSTONE, Scott watches it and won't shut up about it".

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Two episodes to go and I can't contain myself.
    Just think you all only have to suffer me talking about YELLOWSTONE and roping it into every conversation for only two more weeks! After that I'll make a thread about my Ariat boots and some buckles I've been eyeballin'. I think I remember Ian having quite the belt buckle collection? And I really want a cowboy hat but I'm not sure I could pull it off. Boots are innocuous, a smart man once said "You never really look at a man's shoes." But a cowboy hat announces itself proudly and loudly whenever it enters a room. It says a lot about the noodle underneath and I'm not sure I'm ready to challenge those conventions.

I welcome all comments and ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Just think you all only have to suffer me talking about YELLOWSTONE and roping it into every conversation for only two more weeks! After that I'll make a thread about my Ariat boots and some buckles I've been eyeballin'. I think I remember Ian having quite the belt buckle collection? And I really want a cowboy hat but I'm not sure I could pull it off. Boots are innocuous, a smart man once said "You never really look at a man's shoes." But a cowboy hat announces itself proudly and loudly whenever it enters a room. It says a lot about the noodle underneath and I'm not sure I'm ready to challenge those conventions.

I welcome all comments and ridicule.
    Damn, I can't believe there's only 2 episodes left. It's going to be a lonnnggg spell for the next season. Filming it is probably up in the air for the foreseeable future with this virus bullshit.

Cowboy hats are a tough look to pull off. I have never worn one but I can tell you I would look like a clown if I did. Some folks can do it, I guess you gotta feel completely comfortable and that does 75% of selling it right there. I have something slightly similar to a cowboy hat, it's one of those RAT PATROL style hats with a string. I wear it once in a blue moon if I'm day drinking.