Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yellowstone - Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner - Paramount Network

I'm now 5 episodes into season 2 and things are certainly ramping up. Won't go into details to spare those who have yet to get there, but it's worth the continued time for sure. If I have one criticism of the show it's the character of Beth. She's so one note it's started to grate on me. I know that she feels responsible for the death of her mother (and maybe there are other skeletons from the past yet to be revealed involving Jamie), but we really need to see other sides of her. Someone like that would be insufferable if you knew them in real life. Other than that, the season is shaping up to be a corker, I sense some shocking developments coming soon...

On an ominous note, Spectrum On Demand only has 7 episodes up for this season right now. Scott mentioned in the other thread there were 10 if I recall correctly, hopefully those other 3 episodes will show up soon.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

The 8th episode only just aired last night so they might take a minute to appear elsewhere. It is weird having to wait for weekly episodes instead of bingeing (sp?) at once. It feels rather old-timey.

Beth,... I don't have the words for her. There's definitely something that happened between her and Jamie that we aren't yet privy to. They even bring it up in the behind the scenes videos so there's definitely a reason for it. She only really acts that way towards Jamie. I don't know why John puts up with it. I have some other thoughts based on what characters said but I don't wan to ruin anything. I almost skipped the show entirely early on because of Beth, now she's one of my favorite characters.

The only other character I'm not big on is Monica, Kayce's wife. She's a bit of a wet blanket. Then again she probably acts the most realistic towards all the murderous going ons. She's also probably the weakest actor too. But based on her appearance in WIND RIVER something tells me that Taylor must like her.

I'm glad you're into it Andrew! I look forward to reading the rest of your thoughts!
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

For some reason I thought the season had already aired in full. That explains why there are only 7 episodes up, 8 may be up by now. No way would they have them available on demand before they air on the network.

I agree about Monica, a bland character and the actress is pretty charisma challenged.

Sooo, S2 Ep.7.....holeeee shitttt….one of the toughest things to watch I've ever seen. That said, what an amazing hour of television. I wasn't prepared for how dark this got - and the show has been consistently pretty damn dark - but absolutely riveting. Oh, and I've changed my mind on Beth.

Ep.8 still isn't available, I sure hope it is soon, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Sooo, S2 Ep.7.....holeeee shitttt….one of the toughest things to watch I've ever seen. That said, what an amazing hour of television. I wasn't prepared for how dark this got - and the show has been consistently pretty damn dark - but absolutely riveting. Oh, and I've changed my mind on Beth.

Ep.8 still isn't available, I sure hope it is soon, dammit.

Yep, that's the episode that rock'd me. Absolutely riveting television. I'm still in amazement over a week later.

Season 2 Blue-Ray & DVD November 5th, 2019

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...ember-20190819

YELLOWSTONE Season 2 Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features:

Behind the Story for each episode
    Inside Yellowstone: Season 2
    Costner on Yellowstone: Season 2
    Working the Yellowstone: Fight Choreography - Exclusive!
    Only Devils Left - Making Yellowstone: Season 2 - Exclusive!
    Yellowstone Tintype Photography Behind the Scenes
    Stories from the Bunkhouse for each episode
    Deleted Scenes - Exclusive!

Lots of extras! Glad they're including all the Stories from the Bunkhouse and Behind the Story for each episode.

Yes!
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Yes!
    Not too terribly far away. Man, I can't wait for you to see it!

I'll definitely be picking up both seasons on BD, this show is something I'll be revisiting for sure. Also want to be able to loan them out to a friend who would love this.

Got to see episode 8 yesterday, thank goodness. Good follow up to the shattering events of 7. Those last 2 episodes should be amazing, I have a feeling we're going to be left with a jaw dropping climax that will make the wait for S3 sheer torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I have a feeling we're going to be left with a jaw dropping climax that will make the wait for S3 sheer torture.
    I'm thinking that too.
    Ian Bohen, one of the Bunkhouse boys tweeted: "Put some pillows and blankets on the floor by your tv, bc at the end of this season, you're going to pass the f**k out”.

I'm a little scared to be honest.