Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellowstone - Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner - Paramount Network

Oh yeah Beth is totally unrealistic. I almost gave up after the second episode because I just could not stand her. She is now my favorite character (after Jimmy of course).

I'm glad you stuck it out and ended up liking it! I never liked Costner either but I keep finding myself liking actors I didn't like all that much when they were younger. Something about an older actor being just the right fit for a western and all their old gruff finally clicking for me. The kids definitely all have issues. John Dutton addresses it in one of the episodes, something to the effect of everything was ok when the mom was alive but once she kicked it he's been at a loss on how to handle everything and has slowly lost his grip on the kids and the ranch since that fateful event.

I'll be interested in your thoughts of season 2 if you decide to continue on.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

I've got two episodes left in season 2 - man, this show is gripping. Dom, if you think Beth is coarse now, wait'll you see how nasty she is in season 2 (poor Jamie). She gets some of the best lines and her insults are absolutely savage. I think you're going to love her after a certain episode this season. I've always sort of liked Costner - even though he's a bit bland - but this is the best he's ever been. He's a more convincing actor now that's he's not as much of a pretty boy. My favourite characters are Rip, Lloyd, Monica and, of course, Jimmy (*SPOILER* I hope Lloyd helps him get the belt buckle back from those asshole meth heads *END SPOILERS*). Can't wait to see how this season ends.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

I really love Lloyd too. He's been bumped up to series regular for season 3 which makes me very happy. That one scene with him and Jimmy brought tears of joy to my eyes, and Lloyd's too!

Matt, those last two episodes of season 2 are spectacular. Really all of season 2. I can't believe I have to wait 7 more months for the next season. sigh.

We are 7 weeks away from the Season 3 Premier on Sunday, June 21st, Fathers Day! It's already been renewed for Season 4.

So far all we got is a teaser that doesn't really show much. I'm guessing we should be seeing a full trailer in the next couple of weeks.

And a short behind the scenes look at the upcoming Season...

I wish the Paramonut Network in Canada wasn't a complete joke: all they show is lame reality shows like "Bar Rescue" and "Lip Sync Battle" for hours on end. They'll show maybe one movie a week and that's it. It's a pointless channel.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

So glad we have this to look forward to!
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I wish the Paramonut Network in Canada wasn't a complete joke: all they show is lame reality shows like "Bar Rescue" and "Lip Sync Battle" for hours on end. They'll show maybe one movie a week and that's it. It's a pointless channel.
    I know what you mean. Yesterday I scrubbed through Paramount Network's youtube account to see if there was any YELLOWSTONE content that I'd missed. There was some Bunkhouse boys stuff and a couple behind the scenes type features but I almost missed it all in the never ending sea of Bar Rescue, Ink Master and Wife Swap clips. Who on earth watches this crap?! Hell they even tried to blend the reality programming and YELLOWSTONE with the boring-ass THE LAST COWBOY.

They did air the first season of 68 WHISKEY, the MASH/CHINA BEACH type show set in Afghanistan. It looks like it got good reviews but I'm not sure I'll check it out. It's produced by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer. It's based off the Israeli show CHARLIE GOLF ONE.

It seems they are fully aware of their crummy programming. There was a slew of more prestigious sounding titles announced in the wake of YELLOWSTONE's success. Along with 68 WHISKEY there's:

Coyote (Summer 2020)
    "Michael Chiklis plays a hardened border patrol agent who goes soft", to quote Deadline.

Emily in Paris (2020) Starring Phil Collins daughter Lily as Emily.
    "Paris follows Emily, a driven twenty-something American woman from the Midwest, who moves to Paris for an unexpected job opportunity, tasked with bringing an American point of view to a venerable French marketing firm. Cultures clash as she adjusts to the challenges of life in a foreign city, while juggling her career, new friendships and love life." Woof.

Paradise Lost (TBA)
    A southern gothic mystery series starring Josh Hartnett, Barbara Hershey and Nick Nolte! Holy shit!
    https://deadline.com/2019/06/josh-ha...0575/#comments

Sexy Beast (TBA) Prequel series to the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    So glad we have this to look forward to!
    I really can't wait. Time to dust off my cowboy boots. Maybe it's time I bought a hat....

It really is amazing how shitty most of their other programs are - and how often they run! Bar Rescue is right now in a marathon right on through tonight. I'd single handedly rescue the bar if I had to watch hours of that horse shit.

Paradise Lost sounds intriguing.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

... horse shit.
    Jon Taffer is awful. Why would someone want to spend their time listening to him scream? Wife Swap makes me dizzy. And people sit through commercials for this crap too?! Mind boggling. Paramount was originally the Nashville Network back in the '90s so maybe that explains it.

Paradise Lost sounds intriguing.
    It does. It sounds a bit like TRUE DETECTIVE maybe. Good cast. Hopefully they can pull off something worthwhile.

Well that wasn't a long wait. Full trailer for Season 3:

I am over the moon! Gonna watch this about a dozen more times then scrub through it frame by frame to see who's punching who.