Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yellowstone - Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner - Paramount Network

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'm thinking that too.
    Ian Bohen, one of the Bunkhouse boys tweeted: "Put some pillows and blankets on the floor by your tv, bc at the end of this season, you're going to pass the f**k out”.

I'm a little scared to be honest.
    I'm doubling down on my prediction after ep. 9. I really hate to say it, but it feels like a major character is going to get killed off. I honestly hope I'm wrong about that but I just have this ominous feeling about the season capper. As an aside, I really dug the Beth/Monica developments in this one.

A lot more folks here should be watching this show, it really is one of the best things going on tv right now. If you like crime/mafia-esque stories with plenty of violence, or power struggles between major players, along with dense, smartly written plots and strong characterization, you need to see this. It's absolutely addictive from the first episode.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Arrgh! I won't be able to watch it until this weekend! It's already driving me crazy! I had to go to an HOA meeting last night and tonight I'm seeing Richard Rush's THE STUNT MAN at the Alamo. I love that movie but I already know I'll be thinking about YELLOWSTONE the whole time. I do wish more people I know were watching it. Your description is spot-on, Andrew. Utterly and compulsively entertaining! What will we do until next June ....?
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Arrgh! I won't be able to watch it until this weekend! It's already driving me crazy! I had to go to an HOA meeting last night and tonight I'm seeing Richard Rush's THE STUNT MAN at the Alamo. I love that movie but I already know I'll be thinking about YELLOWSTONE the whole time. I do wish more people I know were watching it. Your description is spot-on, Andrew. Utterly and compulsively entertaining! What will we do until next June ....?
    I look forward to your thoughts on it, Scott. I also envy you getting to see THE STUNT MAN on the big screen, I love that film too!

Dabney Colemen has been cast to play Kevin Costner's father for the season finale. Funny, because I was just wondering if John Dutton has any siblings or other family around. I love how they got Costner wearing the mustache his younger self has in flashbacks.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/yellows...er-1202701789/

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-join-the-show

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I'm doubling down on my prediction after ep. 9. I really hate to say it, but it feels like a major character is going to get killed off. I honestly hope I'm wrong about that but I just have this ominous feeling about the season capper. As an aside, I really dug the Beth/Monica developments in this one.
    Finally got a chance to catch up with this last night. Still love every single thing about this show. Every actor. Every line. Every story beat.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I really like the budding relationship with Beth and Monica. I think it's making them both more likable. That whole scene in the boutique shop was terrific and had to be wonderfully cathartic for Beth. Waiting for Beth to show up after Monica called her was waiting for Rip a couple episodes ago when Beth texted him.

Jimmy I think remains my favorite character and favorite storyline. I'm beyond thrilled that he got his buckle back even if it wasn't the smartest move. Especially now with his grandfather gone it's a representative of his new life and who he's grown into. That scene when he found out about his grandfather was heartbreaking. This show hits so many emotional notes.

They're really good at misdirection in their previews and the photos they release. One of them showed Monica with Beth over her in the field. I follow this show on reddit and a lot of people including myself assumed based off that still that Monica was going to get shot. Instead she was breaking down over the discovery of Tate's boot. I don't think they'd kill the kid. Paramount that is. But I'll be shocked if multiple people don't die in the next episode.

I also really love Danny Huston and his character Dan Jenkins. Right before he said the ranch looks like a painting I was thinking the exact same thing. I was pissed when they killed him off at the end of season 1. Then I was thrilled it was more misdirection! I love Danny and hope he sticks around for a while. That whole scene was wonderful. I think he was hoping to finally be friends with John but it was never in the cards. Enemies by Monday indeed!

And then there's Jamie. So between episodes 7 and 8 I re-watched the first season. Jamie is so strong in season 1 until he decides to run for office after John tells him not to. After that he just makes one bad decision after another. But for most of the season he's a smart tough lawyer and John's right-hand guy. His downfall makes sense and I was happy he was moving toward some sense of redemption after moving into the bunkhouse. But I can't believe he knocked that girl up. What a dope! He knew her for maybe a few weeks. Wear a damn condom! I think this does set up what Beth threatened him about for next season. I don't think we'll find out what he did to Beth until next season but I bet he did something that made her lose a baby she had with Rip, and that Rip doesn't know about it. Otherwise he would probably kill Jamie. So she will do something to make sure Jamie loses his child. Just total speculation on my part. In season one she breaks down when she sees John reading a book to Tate. We see her break down again last episode when Rip is watching Tate. She then immediately leaves to threaten Jamie.

I love this show so goddamn much.

Spoilers

Yep a lot of people died. Fantastic episode. Can't believe we have to wait a year for more. Glad it didn't end on a cliffhanger.

Here's a great interview with Taylor discussing the season finale and what to expect from season 3:
    https://deadline.com/2019/08/yellows...6859/#respondP

I honestly was a little disappointed with the finale. It felt a little anti-climactic after the events of ep. 9. I guess I was just expecting more major shocks than we got. Not to say the episode was bad, not at all, but it played it a bit safe imo. I'm going to watch it again sometime over the holiday weekend, and it'll probably move up some for me knowing what to expect. I did really like the emotional developments between John and Rip. Still really looking forward to the next season, but it's going to be a long wait.

Yeah the season (and the series so far) definitely peaked with episode 7, it was hard to beat that. The finale of season 1 felt rushed too, IMO. I think because they are playing a long game and it just keeps building over each season, so it ended up feeling more like just another episode. I was expecting something a bit more shocking too. We've already been spoiled. An interview with Taylor mentioned he does have a definite ending written for the series. That being said while the last scene didn't do much for me there were multiple scenes that moved me to tears. As important as Tate's story is it was Rip's character that had the most to offer. And I've finally come around to Monica. Her bloodlust for the kidnappers was the best acting she's done, IMO. A lot of stuff happened and all the characters grew a little, but there was definitely something missing. I think it just needed more room to breathe. 42 minutes doesn't cut it. I loved every scene up until the last two raids on the skinheads. I loved Teal Beck getting shot on the toilet. Malcolm's death felt very lackluster.

I'm really bummed to see Dan Jenkins go. But he just wasn't cut out for Montana. Dan had the worst security guy in the world. That actor had a real thankless role over the season, he continually got his ass handed to him.

They released a brief behind the scenes video for Season 3. All the actors are saying it has a much different feel and we're going to watch everyone heal for a while before things heat up again. They alluded to the villains being more bureaucratic this time.

Agreed about Dan Jenkins, Danny Huston is a terrific actor (I can't believe that's the same guy that played the head vampire in 30 DAYS OF NIGHT!), but Jenkins was a guppy among sharks in YELLOWSTONE. He got the short end of the stick about every time he came up against any of the other players. He should have packed up and headed out after Beth took him to that dive bar and got his clock cleaned a couple times.

I look forward to seeing the characters getting some time to heal - and hopefully some breathing room to expand the relationships - in season 3.

I'm surprised he stuck around after being hung by Kayce! And even in the last episode when he approached John and wanted to sell his land to him he sounded like he wanted to be friends, which John rebuked. Hopefully next season will have more of Thomas Rainwater. I wonder if he will have all of Jenkins' land now or if Jenkins' has company men ready to fight for it? 10 episodes is just not enough.

The season finale was the first one I watched live on Paramount Network. Boy was that a chore. Every commercial break took me out of the story. It was like nails on a chalkboard. I should have been more patient and waited to download it this weekend.
    Last edited by Scott; 08-30-2019 at 11:58 PM.