Thread: Severin Films Releasing Day Of The Beast And Purdita Durango

Severin Films Releasing Day Of The Beast And Purdita Durango

Both are coming to Blu-ray soon from Severin, new 4k scans and lots of extras.

https://screenanarchy.com/2019/08/ne...rin-films.html
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

PURDITA shall be mine, I really wish someone else besides Severin were doing this though.

I remember catching part of P.D. on cable tv & thinking it was pretty over the top. I'm not sure I ever saw all of it so looking forward to seeing it in its proper form. Plus Day... which I haven't seen but it sounds interesting.

Very happy about DAY OF THE BEAST.

PERDITA is probably my least favourite from de la Iglesia; it lacks the sharp humour of his best work and is just kind of unpleasant. It's a bit tedious to spend 2 hours with such unlikable characters when there's no humour.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post

PERDITA is probably my least favourite from de la Iglesia; it lacks the sharp humour of his best work and is just kind of unpleasant. It's a bit tedious to spend 2 hours with such unlikable characters when there's no humour.

I am a little surprised, but humor is subjective, and pitch black dark humor even more so.
    This movie rules if you are open it's it's excesses and cinematic nods.

Gandolfini is fun here too.

Honest question, not being facetious: do most Euro-cult cinephiles really hold PERDITA DURANGO in as high regard as EL DIA DE LA BESTIA?

Of those I've seen, I absolutely love ACCION MUTANTE, DAY OF THE BEAST & THE LAST CIRCUS. But I recall actively disliking 800 BULLETS and PERDITA DURANGO.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post

I recall having the same problem with PD as I did films like FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, certain Rob Zombie films and trying-too-hard-to-be-black-comedies like VERY BAD THINGS. Granted I watched the censored DANCE WITH THE DEVIL vhs tape from the Hollywood Video I worked at, but I fell in love with DAY OF THE BEAST despite the ridiculous English dubbing on the Vidmark VHS.

Perdita Durango is fucking insane. In a good way. I love it but the german blu-ray will suffice. Not been overly impressed with his other stuff.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!