Thread: Blood & Flesh: The Reel Life & Ghastly Death of Al Adamson

Blood & Flesh: The Reel Life & Ghastly Death of Al Adamson

So this has started making the festival rounds.

Severin will be handling this and a few other Adamson titles it seems.

This was mentioned on FB the other day...

"Al's first feature (excluding his uncredited turn on the never on home video and recently considered lost western HALFWAY TO HELL or the unreleased pre-addition of go-go footage ECHO OF TERROR) was PSYCHO A GO-GO. We're in the midst of trying to find all the bits and pieces on celluloid cut from PSYCHO A GO-GO to make the later iterations FIEND WITH THE ELECTRONIC BRAIN and BLOOD OF GHASTLY HORROR. PSYCHO A GO-GO, while not a commercial success, was exported to the UK, where it was cut by the BBFC to get an X certificate, and Mexico where it was released as RIFIFI A GO-GO. Later Academy Award winning Cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond shot a lot of the film."

It also seems, based on some pictures on the film's FB page, that they're also working on Mean Mother, Female Bunch, Cinderella 2000, Angel's Wild Women and maybe a few others.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Very good news about PSYCHO A GO GO, especially if they can restore it to its 2:35-1 OAR. I don't know if the later edits (FIEND and GHASTLY HORROR) maintained that aspect ratio, or not.

SATAN'S SADISTS might be another title they're working on, but that's a guess on my part. I think they're working on FIVE BLOODY GRAVES.

The Sam Sherman audio commentary on the Troma PSYCHO A GO GO disc estimated that it would take a million dollars to restore the film to its widescreen OAR. That seems a bit high, to me.
    Last edited by Jobla; 08-25-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Can't wait till they release this on DVD.
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)