Thread: Arrow Releasing Hitchhike To Hell

Arrow Releasing Hitchhike To Hell

Be careful who you hitch a ride with! All roads lead to terror in Hitch Hike to Hell, the delightfully sleazy cautionary tale from cult director Irvin Berwick (Malibu High, The Monster of Piedras Blancas).

Howard is a mild-mannered momma’s boy whose job running deliveries for a cleaning agency affords him a lot of time out on the road. It’s not until he picks up young women who’ve run away from home that he transforms into a twitching, homicidal maniac, hellbent on meting out punishment for their “transgressions”. Can the cops put a stop to Howard’s demented spree before he claims yet another victim?

Influenced by the depraved crimes of the likes of "Co-ed Killer" Edmund Kemper, Hitch Hike to Hell is a bona fide American nightmare from the vaults of legendary exploitation producer Harry Novak (The Child, Toys Are Not for Children).

Production Year: 1977
    Region Code: B
    UK Rating: 18
    Running Time: 87 mins
    Number of Discs: 1
    Language: English
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Audio: Mono 1.0
    Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1 / 1.78:1
    Colour: Colour

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
    1.33 and 1.78 versions of the feature
    High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
    Original uncompressed mono audio
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    Newly-filmed appreciation by Nightmare USA author Stephen Thrower
    Road to Nowhere: Hitchhiking Culture Goes to Hell - brand new video essay by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas exploring the dark side of hitch-hiking in the real world and on the screen
    Original theatrical trailer
    Original press book (BD-ROM Content)
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil
    FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Heather Drain

Name:  EDOTe_pX4AEhXVB.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  72.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I wonder if the Arrow fanboys know what they're in for with all these Harry Novak movies, haha...

I would LOVE to see them rectify the Mantis In Lace situation. It always bothered me that Something Weird went with the longer sex version and relegated the really bitchin' psychedelic violence to being an extra feature. Plus Mantis In Lace is a much better title than Lola or whatever the alternate version was called.

I never saw this movie before, but I saw quite a few Harry Novak films, none of them were really good, but they were kind of interesting, mostly the ones with Rene Bond, and only because she was so cute that she made any film watchable at least, if only to stare at her boobs and watch them get bigger as the years went by lol. I probably am not making a good case for this movie lol, I mean but somehow if you flood a movie with enough boobs, even if it sucks in all other areas, it becomes a masterpiece.

Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by ChicGandil View Post
    I would LOVE to see them rectify the Mantis In Lace situation. It always bothered me that Something Weird went with the longer sex version and relegated the really bitchin' psychedelic violence to being an extra feature. Plus Mantis In Lace is a much better title than Lola or whatever the alternate version was called.
    Amen.