Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bong Joon-Ho's Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Waka Waka.
    The idea of a POTUS griping about a foreign movie he hasn't seen and (presumably wouldn't like, given its message) winning Best Picture then citing movies he wants 'back,' made with serious involvement from foreigners, is pretty Waka Waka indeed.

And honestly, it'd be one thing if he was like 'Hey, I saw it, I didn't like it' and then explained why, but that didn't happen.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    The idea of a POTUS griping about a foreign movie he hasn't seen and (presumably wouldn't like, given its message) winning Best Picture then citing movies he wants 'back,' made with serious involvement from foreigners, is pretty Waka Waka indeed.

And honestly, it'd be one thing if he was like 'Hey, I saw it, I didn't like it' and then explained why, but that didn't happen.
    It's embarrassing.
    His dog whistle bs is strictly for the cheap seats. Does anyone believe he watches ANY movie. He's just using this as another opportunity to fan the flames of dissension within his base. "I love the poorly educated." He knows that they don't like weird foreign movies so he tells them what they want to hear. It has nothing to do with what he thinks. He doesn't.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

And there's going to be 4 more years of Trump dissing foreign movies too.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Four more years of him projecting his own insecurities.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

He should start a letterboxed account.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

He should start a letterboxed account.
    Team up with Uwe Boll and do a modern Siskel and Ebert. It would be better than the original show. I make you a bet that Trump would enjoy Fulci films.

Also he called Brad Pitt a 'little wise guy.' I'm not entirely sure why.
    That was in reference to Pitt's acceptance speech.

"During his acceptance speech, Pitt cracked a joke about the president’s impeachment trial.
    "They told me I only have 45 seconds up here, which is 45 seconds more than the Senate gave John Bolton this week," said Pitt, referencing the former national security adviser who was not allowed to testify by the Senate during the proceedings that acquitted Trump."

And oh by the way, Billy Wilder, director of SUNSET BOULEVARD, was born in Austria. I'm sure Trump knew that, right?
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

This non-story is getting a lot of traction in the press but I would've loved for Trump to say they don't make foreign movies like TRIUMPH OF THE WILL anymore just to see Hollywood explode.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    That was in reference to Pitt's acceptance speech.

"During his acceptance speech, Pitt cracked a joke about the president’s impeachment trial.
    "They told me I only have 45 seconds up here, which is 45 seconds more than the Senate gave John Bolton this week," said Pitt, referencing the former national security adviser who was not allowed to testify by the Senate during the proceedings that acquitted Trump."

And oh by the way, Billy Wilder, director of SUNSET BOULEVARD, was born in Austria. I'm sure Trump knew that, right?
    It's almost like what I said about the press taking what he says out of context is true or something. Crazy how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    It's almost like what I said about the press taking what he says out of context is true or something. Crazy how that works out.
    Still waiting for you to point out what was taken out of context.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!