Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Synapse Releasing Suspiria On 4k UHD

  1. #11
    okay just looked at the price on Amazon for the new Synapse 4k uhd disc, and it's $60 what the hell, I won't be getting this one now, they must be fucking insane, not sure if Synapse came up with that price or if it was Amazon, but that price is just idiotic. But I will not take part of this massive rip off. its not even fun anymore collecting movies, everything is too expensive anymore, your average Arrow films release is now like $30 to get, I am about to disengage from movies, these kinds of prices make me want to just not even take part in this stuff.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Mark Tolch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    8,175
    I've bought a few 4k movies and love the upgraded quality, but I don't spend more than 20 dollars on them. And I've gotten some really fun titles....Christine, Starship Troopers, Predator, Alien...I get that Synapse is more nichey, but no goddam way would I spend 60 bucks on this.

  3. #13
    Spoon! Dom D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    2,146
    As the market continues to shrink the prices will keep going on up and companies like Synapse will keep playing games like they have with this title. I hope we don't wind up in the situation where movies like this are only being released in $100 special editions, thus consigning great movies to being nothing more than collectors pieces for some sort of movie stockpiling elite. But it won't shock me if it happens.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.
    In preproduction: www.lovesexandrobots.com Shooting March 2020.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    As the market continues to shrink the prices will keep going on up and companies like Synapse will keep playing games like they have with this title. I hope we don't wind up in the situation where movies like this are only being released in $100 special editions, thus consigning great movies to being nothing more than collectors pieces for some sort of movie stockpiling elite. But it won't shock me if it happens.
    That was the model that kept laserdisc going for two decades, maybe it has some merit to it.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I get that Synapse is more nichey, but no goddam way would I spend 60 bucks on this.
    That's just MSRP nonsense, though. Like, it's $32, shipping included, from Bullmoose.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Wernski View Post
    That's just MSRP nonsense, though. Like, it's $32, shipping included, from Bullmoose.
    Mark and I are in Canada. The Suspiria blu steelbook came close to $100 with shipping after exchange for me!

  7. #17
    Senior Member Mark Tolch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    8,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Mark and I are in Canada. The Suspiria blu steelbook came close to $100 with shipping after exchange for me!

    Zactly. And that's why I have a handful of 4k titles that are studio releases and that's it.

  8. #18
    Oh, ouch. Yeah, I see.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •