Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Synapse Releasing Suspiria On 4k UHD

okay just looked at the price on Amazon for the new Synapse 4k uhd disc, and it's $60 what the hell, I won't be getting this one now, they must be fucking insane, not sure if Synapse came up with that price or if it was Amazon, but that price is just idiotic. But I will not take part of this massive rip off. its not even fun anymore collecting movies, everything is too expensive anymore, your average Arrow films release is now like $30 to get, I am about to disengage from movies, these kinds of prices make me want to just not even take part in this stuff.

I've bought a few 4k movies and love the upgraded quality, but I don't spend more than 20 dollars on them. And I've gotten some really fun titles....Christine, Starship Troopers, Predator, Alien...I get that Synapse is more nichey, but no goddam way would I spend 60 bucks on this.

As the market continues to shrink the prices will keep going on up and companies like Synapse will keep playing games like they have with this title. I hope we don't wind up in the situation where movies like this are only being released in $100 special editions, thus consigning great movies to being nothing more than collectors pieces for some sort of movie stockpiling elite. But it won't shock me if it happens.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.
    In preproduction: www.lovesexandrobots.com Shooting March 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    As the market continues to shrink the prices will keep going on up and companies like Synapse will keep playing games like they have with this title. I hope we don't wind up in the situation where movies like this are only being released in $100 special editions, thus consigning great movies to being nothing more than collectors pieces for some sort of movie stockpiling elite. But it won't shock me if it happens.
    That was the model that kept laserdisc going for two decades, maybe it has some merit to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I get that Synapse is more nichey, but no goddam way would I spend 60 bucks on this.
    That's just MSRP nonsense, though. Like, it's $32, shipping included, from Bullmoose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wernski View Post
    That's just MSRP nonsense, though. Like, it's $32, shipping included, from Bullmoose.
    Mark and I are in Canada. The Suspiria blu steelbook came close to $100 with shipping after exchange for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Mark and I are in Canada. The Suspiria blu steelbook came close to $100 with shipping after exchange for me!

Zactly. And that's why I have a handful of 4k titles that are studio releases and that's it.

Oh, ouch. Yeah, I see.

yeah, if this is where prices are headed on 4K, and blu ray, I'm going to be moving on to streaming strictly on my Roku, the only reason I don't use it currently, is something is wrong with it in the last week, it's started going through batteries like crazy, I buy new good name brand batteries, and they die in like 5 days. And I get errors when I try to watch youtube, and it's just a pain to use anymore, I may have to get an external ROKU box, the USB thumbdrive one I have seems to be broke after only a year. And I may not even do that, I may just get a good outdoor antenna, and put up and just watch local channels. I get comet TV, and it's got horror movies all the time. But yeah, I used to buy arrow films for like $10 when they were a company in England only, not anymore though now that they are in the United States their movies seem to have tripled in price, and I don't mess with importing them or anything anymore, and all that having to buy a region free player.

For what it's worth, it's down to $36.04 on Amazon now. I agree the steelbook was overpriced but to me the UHD price is fine.