Thread: Kino Releasing Long Day's Journey Into Night

Kino Releasing Long Day's Journey Into Night

Coming 11/26/19.

"Long Day’s Journey Into Night is a noirish stunner about a lost soul (Huang Jue) on a quest to find a missing woman from his past (Tang Wei, Lust, Caution). Following leads across Guizhou province, the man crosses paths with a series of colorful characters, among them a prickly hairdresser played by Taiwanese superstar Sylvia Chang. When the search leads him to a dingy movie theater, the film launches into an hour-long, gravity-defying 3D sequence shot that plunges its protagonist—and us—into a dreamlike, labyrinthine cityscape. A monumental accomplishment from director Bi Gan (Kaili Blues), it is China’s biggest arthouse hit of all time, and has already become a modern cinematic landmark.

Special Features: Interview with director Bi Gan | Interview with star Huang Jue | Making-of Documentary | Booklet interview with Bi Gan by writer Aaron Stewart-Ahn | Theatrical trailer"

Name:  81F+lfz52hL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  45.5 KB

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Generally not a fan of 3D but I caught this in the theaters when it played in my area a few months back & really enjoyed the 3D sequence (other than it being too dark which I can see being an issue for the home release too) especially since the lead actor gives the cue onscreen to don them. I see this version will come with both 3D and non 3D versions but the viewer will really do a disservice if they don't watch it in 3D. Fortunately I still have an LG OLED from a couple years back that supports 3D (looks good with minimal ghosting) before they axed that feature in future models.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"