Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MEN BEHIND THE SUN 2: LABORATORY OF THE DEVIL (1992) getting a blu ray release

MEN BEHIND THE SUN 2: LABORATORY OF THE DEVIL (1992) getting a blu ray release

Release date is Sept 24. Pre-order up at dddhouse.com

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099757/

"only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Shame it's not the first, I seem to recall this is pretty much a recap of the original. Anyway, great that films like this are getting released on Blu as long as not upscales.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Well, I went ahead and ordered this. I only have a VCD, it has to be an upgrade over that. I hope.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

So a post here says that this is the uncut version but that a lot of the previously cut material is taken from SD inserts.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    So a post here says that this is the uncut version but that a lot of the previously cut material is taken from SD inserts.
    yeah, I actually caught this a few days ago and looks great but the "cut" scenes are grainy SD inserts. Here's an example:

"only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Oh wow, that's quite a difference. I still might grab this next time I place an order at DDD house, but yeah.... doesn't look like they even tried to color correct those inserts.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Oh wow, that's quite a difference. I still might grab this next time I place an order at DDD house, but yeah.... doesn't look like they even tried to color correct those inserts.
    Yeah, while it is great they included uncut footage, they definitely could have worked harder to make the SD shots look at least a little more presentable.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

So this was directed by Godfrey Ho? Is it funny?
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Only if you think archive footage of the original and more autopsy footage is funny.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky