Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wishmaster Coming From Vestron/Lionsgate?

Wishmaster Coming From Vestron/Lionsgate?

File this under speculation for now, but a lot of people here seem to think it's happening based on this comment.

Name:  wish.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  6.3 KB

Having said that, I've only seen the 1st movie but remember it being a lot of fun. Andrew Divoff is kind of great. I'd be into this on Blu.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Not a very good film. It has two good gore scenes at least.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I thought there were some really inspired moments in the film. And in keeping with Wes Craven directed or produced offerings, it features a strong female lead.

Maybe the hint is referring to WISHCRAFT (although that's an HBO property), another movie I enjoy.
    VHS will never die!

This is one of those sterile, Full Moon vibe moovays that Tony Timpone would be sportin' wood over.
    Last edited by King-Wasp; 01-10-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Wasp View Post
    This is one of those sterile, Full Moon vibe moovays that Tony Timpone would be sportin' wood over.
    I don't agree with that; horror in the '90s was generally pretty sterile and I seem to remember this one standing out because it actually did have lots of on-screen gore. It's a fun movie IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I seem to remember this one standing out because it actually did have lots of on-screen gore. It's a fun movie IMO
    Watch it with adult eyes, and you'll see it's a training wheels horrahhh for tweens. Even the cast credits look like a neckbeard's wet dream.

Was pretty much burned out on 90s horror by the time this one came around....so have never seen it....it always appeared like a jokey~Freddy toned movie for twenagers~where there were horrorr icon cameos and a decent set piece / wisrcrack every 20 mins or so...i do admit the Djinn looked good though..

Sucessful enough to make at least 3 sequels that I have heard of...

Quote Originally Posted by King-Wasp View Post
    Watch it with adult eyes, and you'll see it's a training wheels horrahhh for tweens. Even the cast credits look like a neckbeard's wet dream.
    I actually did watch it a few months ago!

Although it's certainly a guilty pleasure, I think it holds up well. It reminds me of an '80s horror flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    It reminds me of an '80s horror flick.
    It does seem like it was made 10 years too late in spots. I'm really not getting the whole "horror for tweens" argument, mainly because its not centered around teenagers. Compared to most of the horror output that actually made it theaters post-Scream, Wishmaster stands out quite a bit and avoided falling into the trap of casting the hottest WB stars of the day and "witty" Kevin Williamson in-jokes, unless of course you count the Tony Todd and Kane Hodder cameos and honestly that's a real stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy
    it always appeared like a jokey~Freddy toned movie for twenagers~where there were horrorr icon cameos and a decent set piece / wisrcrack every 20 mins or so
    Far from it. It can be jokey in spots but its a well balanced film thanks in no small part to Andrew Divoff who, in the Djinn's human form does deliver the occasional wisecrack but always carries a suave, sinister aura. Plus its really violent with some excellent effects work. The cocktail party scene is a real doozy.

The second film is much more hammy.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: The Gladiator (Abel Ferrara, 1986)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clark View Post

Far from it. It can be jokey in spots but its a well balanced film thanks in no small part to Andrew Divoff who, in the Djinn's human form does deliver the occasional wisecrack but always carries a suave, sinister aura. Plus its really violent with some excellent effects work. The cocktail party scene is a real doozy.

The second film is much more hammy.
    Crikey..so I have been avoiding it for nothing???
    Dont know where I got the idea into my head that this was a jokey hammy kind of movie.....

I DID hear that parts 3 and 4 are unwatchable though..