Thread: Are you watermarking your photos?

Are you watermarking your photos?

There is some really impressive stuff in the The best shot from your last roll of film/memory card thread. Are any of you watermarking your photos?

Most don't. See this thread as reference...

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...lm-memory-card
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Smart ass.

I've thought about watermarking the screen caps on the site because they get stolen and reused on other sites often enough that it bugs me (it's one thing to give credit and another to just swipe shit) BUT I feel it's unfair to the readers and, honestly, it's more work for me.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I hate watermarks! I actually consider them unprofessional. I don't see many real photographers using them. However... 90% of my pro work is for a studio owned by my girlfriend and she makes me use watermarks. Due to my constant bitching and moaning we came to a compromise: the client gets a full res, clean version of the image and this is the one I share myself. The client also gets a low res, watermarked version which is the one we intend for them to use if they are sharing online. I also negotiated my way into using a watermark that is set at 30% opacity. I hate it but a good compromise is when everyone is unhappy and I think we've achieved that.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Thanks Dom