Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Some BIG news for Hammer fans!

Jesus Christ Mill Creek can kiss my ass.
    Conformed that the GORGON / JEKYLL disc is a BD 25 totaling 21.8 gigs for both films combined.

No wonder Ben saw compression artifacts.

The GORGON does get a standalone release in Australia next month. I must admit the compression on Mill Creeks discs does actually bother me, and have been tempted with the standalone release from Aus, but its the inclusion of Jekyll that has made me linger on to the pre-order of Mill Creeks release (could have actually shipped by now or on the verge)

I wasn't bothered by compression artifacts for the GORGON/JEKYLL release, really. I suggest everyone email Mill Creek too.

Looks like the upcoming Kino Blu-ray release might contain both cuts of the from a new 4k restoration that Fox did.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276288&page=4
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Kino also just made this announcement:

Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
    Bonus Features to be Announced Soon!

The Man Who Could Cheat Death (1959) Starring Anton Diffring, Hazel Court and Christopher Lee - Screenplay by Jimmy Sangster (Horror of Dracula) - Directed by Terence Fisher
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Let's hope THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH actually comes from a new transfer.

As for ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. possibly containing both cuts, that would be awesome.

Recently we decided to blitz Mill Creek Entertainment's FB wall to get their Hammer Sony titles released on Blu - and it worked. But there's another company with access to a ton of Hammer films. That company is Vintage Classics. They have the rights to DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE, THE SCARS OF DRACULA, BLOOD FROM THE MUMMY'S TOMB, THE HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN, LUST FOR A VAMPIRE, and so many other Hammer horror "classics." If you want these and a host of other Hammer films released on Blu, here's what we have to do: Go to Vintage Classics wall and request them. I've provided the link below. Click on it, and type your request. You don't have to be specific if you don't want to; saying "Please release your Hammer films on Blu may be enough." But if we don't all do it, then it won't work. Let's make this a major group effort. And remember, be polite. Companies always react more positively when we're nice in our requests. Also, share this status and encourage your friends to do the same. Let's make it happen.

https://www.facebook.com/vintageclassicsfilm/

Ian, did you get the 8 film set for review yet?

Nope.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by C.D. Workman View Post
    Recently we decided to blitz Mill Creek Entertainment's FB wall to get their Hammer Sony titles released on Blu - and it worked. But there's another company with access to a ton of Hammer films. That company is Vintage Classics. They have the rights to DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE, THE SCARS OF DRACULA, BLOOD FROM THE MUMMY'S TOMB, THE HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN, LUST FOR A VAMPIRE, and so many other Hammer horror "classics." If you want these and a host of other Hammer films released on Blu, here's what we have to do: Go to Vintage Classics wall and request them. I've provided the link below. Click on it, and type your request. You don't have to be specific if you don't want to; saying "Please release your Hammer films on Blu may be enough." But if we don't all do it, then it won't work. Let's make this a major group effort. And remember, be polite. Companies always react more positively when we're nice in our requests. Also, share this status and encourage your friends to do the same. Let's make it happen.

https://www.facebook.com/vintageclassicsfilm/
    Vintage Classics is JUST one of Studio Canal's sub lines.