Thread: Books Of Blood Feature Film Coming To Hulu

Books Of Blood Feature Film Coming To Hulu

"Just in time for Halloween, Hulu is finalizing deals on Books of Blood, an original film based on Clive Barker’s horror anthology, from The Orville duo of Brannon Braga, who is co-writing, executive producing and will direct in his feature directorial debut, and Seth MacFarlane, who is exec producing. Anna Friel (Marcella) stars in the moving alongside Britt Robertson (For the People), Rafi Gavron (A Star Is Born) and Yul Vazquez (Midnight, Texas). The film, which hails from Fox 21 Television Studios and MacFarlane’s Fuzzy Door Productions, is slated for premiere in fall 2020."

More here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This was originally supposed to be a series but maybe they're now aiming for a series of movies instead? From the plot summary and character names it seems obvious that this film will once again (there is already a 2009 film by John Harrison) adapt the first story from the collection, i.e. The Book of Blood. Character names and plot line up with the source. The story about the professional killer looking for a book will probably be an adaptation of On Jerusalem Street - A Postscript, the final story in the collection and also part of the 2009 adaptation. The main difference is that the man looking for the "book" is called Bennett instead of Wyburd so maybe they're taking liberties here or I'm wrong. The misphonia story gives me pause. It could be a rejiggered retelling of the story Dread (which included a character scared of becoming deaf) or something original to this adaptation. The plot summary reminds me more Brad Anderson's Masters of Horror episode Sounds Like than anything in the Barker collection.
    Last edited by Zaibatan; 11-03-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Fer Christ's sake they can't fuck up an adaptation of In The Hills The Cities!
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Fer Christ's sake they can't fuck up an adaptation of In The Hills The Cities!
    Never underestimate Brannon Braga!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Never underestimate Brannon Braga!
    He can have this one, as far as I'm concerned. I'm quite happy with the John Harrison film and not really interested in this remake. I realize that, if your aim is to start a series, you kind of have to go back to that well to kick things off, but that's about it. If my suspicion is correct and hulu indeed wants to turn this into a series of (anthology) films to be released in time for Halloween each year, maybe we'll get directors with more impressive genre credentials for future installments. As for In The Hills, The Cities, I love that story but I have a hard time imagining how it could be done on a reasonable budget in live-action. The last thing I want to see is this iconic story brought to live with bargain bin CGI. Ryuhei Kitamura had the right idea, in my opinion, when he wanted to do it with animation.