Thread: Scream Factory Releasing My Bloody Valentine Collector's Edition

Scream Factory Releasing My Bloody Valentine Collector's Edition

We knew it was coming, now we've got some preliminary details.

***MY BLOODY VALENTINE Update***

Harry Warden is back! Our hearts are pumping with excitement as we can finally present a new update on our upcoming Blu-ray release of the 1981 original classic slasher. Read on for all the details:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is February 4th.

• This is being presented as a 2-Disc Collector’s Edition and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.

• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Joel Robinson This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original (and iconic) theatrical artwork.

• New extras and specs are in progress and will be announced on a later date (Dec before the holidays or early Jan) but we can confirm today that we are doing a new transfer of the theatrical and unrated cut of the film!

-------------

We are taking pre-orders now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7293 for a Website Exclusive Deluxe Offer that includes:

• The Collector’s Edition Blu-ray

•An 18” x 24” rolled poster of the new Joel Robinson Art

• SITE ONLY OFFER: An alternate slipcover and an 18” x 24” rolled poster that showcases a newly-commissioned illustration from artist Laz Marquez

The site offer is limited to 2,000 units. Once they are sold out we then list the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray solo. Other retailers will carry the Blu-ray pre-order links soon in the next couple of months.

Name:  EItzFsSU8AAZom1.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  53.1 KB

Name:  EItzFsYUwAAxNHE.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  61.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Well, at least the artist's parents are proud of them.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Well, at least the artist's parents are proud of them.
    How do we know that for a fact?

New transfer of the unrated cut is all I really care about, though new extras are always welcome. I'm indifferent to the art.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I always prefer the original art. Great news about this though, one of my favorite slashers. That mine setting is so unique and creepy.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

I have never understood why these studios feel the need to use "newly-commissioned artwork" for their slipcovers and cover art. Most of us want these classic films to be meticulously restored so they look exactly like they did when they were initially released so I would think they would realize that most of us want them with original artwork as well. Don't get me wrong, this is a must-buy for me and I would never decide whether to purchase a movie or not based on the artwork. Plus the reverse side is the original artwork.

That said, this is one of my all time favourite films. I have the DVD and Blu-ray of the previous release and while I'm glad the deleted footage was included it was in really bad shape. I can hardly wait to see the unrated cut of the film fully restored.

Anthony

I highly agree with everything said in the last 3 posts!