Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: What'd You Get Lately - 2020 Edition

Buying this again since I got screwed on the german blu-ray which was cut.

This spanish blu is from some bootleg outfit but the disc is pressed, has english audio/removable spanish subs and it's the uncut version from the HD-DVD release, so it'll have to do since the ancient region 1 dvd I severely overpaid for looks like a-s-s (!!!) on a 48" screen. This is a terribly underrated 90's movie and one of my all time favourite films. It's a crime no truly good blu-ray exists.

Name:  the getaway.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  29.7 KB
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

All bds from the kino sale.

Parasite
    Konga
    Zoltan...Hound Of Dracula
    House of 1000 Dolls
    Dinosaurus
    The Man Who Haunted Himself
    "Freddie's on the corner now. If you wanna be a junkie wow!"

Gutterballs BD
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Police Story/Police Story 2 BD
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Zone Troopers (BD)
    Killer Fish (BD)
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Screen Archives TT BD order

PLAY DIRTY (1968)
    WILD BILL (1995)
    OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT, THE (1977)
    BAREFOOT CONTESSA, THE (1954)
    MELVIN AND HOWARD (1980)
    TONY ROME / LADY IN CEMENT (1967 / 1968)
    RAPID FIRE (1992)
    NO DOWN PAYMENT (1957)

Replacing the Redemption release with the apparently superior Nucleus Films release of the Demons. Also, you can never go wrong with some Rosalba. Haven't seen the Polanski one but I like Sydne Rome so what the hell... why not?

Name:  the_demons_blu_ray_import.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  113.7 KB Name:  lady_frankenstein_blu_ray_import.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  154.3 KB Name:  what_blu_ray_import.jpg
Size:  98.4 KB
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabonga View Post
    Replacing the Redemption release with the apparently superior Nucleus Films release of the Demons. Also, you can never go wrong with some Rosalba. Haven't seen the Polanski one but I like Sydne Rome so what the hell... why not?

Name:  the_demons_blu_ray_import.jpg
Size:  113.7 KB Name:  lady_frankenstein_blu_ray_import.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  154.3 KB Name:  what_blu_ray_import.jpg
Size:  98.4 KB
    Not ONLY is the Nucleus "The Demons" release UNCUT but Marc Morris also did the following restoration work on it which prooves why it is infinately supperior to the Redemption BD.

A note from Stephen Thrower about this release (and the Nucleus Erotic Rites of Frankenstein):

THE EROTIC RITES OF FRANKENSTEIN and THE DEMONS: two peak period Jess Franco movies that no serious fan should be without, now available from Nucleus Films and featuring on camera interviews with yours truly!

I'd also say that these two films are well worth buying if you're curious about Franco but uncertain about where to start. Some will counsel caution and recommend the slightly more sober and conventional 1960s titles, but to hell with all that. Why not throw caution to the wind and grab these two - they'll give you a fantastic insight into his freewheeling style in the 1970s.

Nucleus majordomo Marc Morris has done a huge amount of extraordinary work restoring THE DEMONS in particular. Here's a list of some of the work he's done which viewers and reviewers may not otherwise be aware of:

1. Incorrect aspect ratios on numerous shots fixed throughout.
    2. White line frames removed throughout.
    3. The soundtrack was out of synch throughout (sometimes by as much as 0:06). Marc has fixed this.
    4. The soundtrack was missing audio, and in these scenes had been badly looped. Marc has located audio from alternate sources and replaced the annoying looped audio with correct audio where possible.
    5. There was some German dialogue on the French soundtrack, which Marc has replaced with the correct French dialogue.
    7. There were numerous instances of actors speaking with no dialogue heard on the soundtrack - now fixed.
    8. There were numerous instances of dialogue spoken, with the actors' mouths not moving - now fixed.
    9. The dissolve from face freeze frame to skull was completely missing - Marc has added this back.
    10. He has also created from scratch an English language master, which is believed to match the original English language export version.
    11. German Trailer - On the Kino Blu-ray, this was incorrectly dubbed with random French audio from the movie. This has been replaced with the original German soundtrack.
    12. Marc has also corrected the frame rates from 23.976 fps to 24 fps, so if you have exquisitely perfect musical pitch the soundtrack will now match your LP record of Jean-Michel Lorgère's Trafic Pop!

And finally, look out for the startling FX shot included in the French trailer for Erotic Rites of Frankenstein which as far as I can recall doesn't appear in any currently available version of the film. Face-ripping!

The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh (Blu-ray)

I got the following. This UK steelbook is the ONLY release in the world to include the black and white version, which was due to get a UK cinema release at the end of March but the virus obviously scuppered it.