Thread: Shout! Factory Releasing Escape From L.A. Collector's Edition Blu-ray

Shout! Factory Releasing Escape From L.A. Collector's Edition Blu-ray

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Snake Plissken is back once again in JOHN CARPENTER’S ESCAPE FROM L.A., the 1996 sequel to the original hit film Escape from New York. Coming soon to Blu-ray from us in an all-new definitive edition! Details we have at this time are as follows:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is 4/28/2020.

• This is being presented as a Collector’s Edition release and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.

• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Hugh Fleming. This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original theatrical artwork.

• New extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date (March timing) but expect it to be loaded. Also, we are working on trying to secure a new transfer of the film, so keep your fingers crossed!

Pre-order now directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7340
    The first 700 orders from our site will receive an exclusive limited-edition 18” x 24” rolled poster of the exclusive new illustration.

Name:  ENxg6kGUcAAa8e1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  70.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This should come with a 18” x 24” rolled apology letter from Carpenter. I would love to hear him do an honest commentary though.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Hahaha
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    This should come with a 18” x 24” rolled apology letter from Carpenter.
    Agreed. I don't think I've ever been as dissapointed in a film as I was by this, and I had kind of low expectations from the cheesyness of its trailer!
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

I think this is better than the original.

Sorrynotsorry
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

I still enjoy watching it from time to time.

This will always have a special place in my heart, since it was the last movie that Nier brother and I went to with our dad before he passed away. Dad loved the ending.

I think it's better than the original as well. Drags a bit heading into the climax but has an awesome nihilist finish to wrap things up.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    This should come with a 18” x 24” rolled apology letter from Carpenter. I would love to hear him do an honest commentary though.
    That is so true. If I remember correctly the original was made for $10 million and the sequel for $50 million and to these eyes the original looks so much better.
    "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)