Page 309 of 328 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3272

Thread: The Code Red DVD Thread

One of these things... Is not like the other.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    What an odd double feature.
    I assume it's because CHAOS is basically a remake of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, which was often shown with DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT (I saw the two of them together at a drive-in back in the 70's).
    VHS will never die!

That's just a little bit of a stretch.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Walt has posted on Blu ray that the he hears the source print used has been around the block and not to buy this for BASEMENT.
    I'm curious and don't mind beat up prints if it's got decent color and is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bernhard View Post
    Walt has posted on Blu ray that the he hears the source print used has been around the block and not to buy this for BASEMENT.
    I'm curious and don't mind beat up prints if it's got decent color and is complete.
    That wouldn't bother me too much, John, as I'm weird (and probably in the small minority) in that I don't mind drive-in fare not being in mint condition, and feel that some damage can even add to the experience. Unless it's too distracting (which is subjective, I'll admit), like various VCI/United releases back in the days of VHS (if you've seen their DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT and what looks like a swarm of bees over the print, you know what I mean).
    VHS will never die!

Caged Men Blu-ray now in stock at Diabolik.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...ay-all-region/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    That wouldn't bother me too much, John, as I'm weird (and probably in the small minority) in that I don't mind drive-in fare not being in mint condition, and feel that some damage can even add to the experience. Unless it's too distracting (which is subjective, I'll admit), like various VCI/United releases back in the days of VHS (if you've seen their DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT and what looks like a swarm of bees over the print, you know what I mean).
    I don't mind the Grindhouse thing, I do have a thing against really washed out prints though. Scratches and emulsion type damage don't bother me too much. And as you say it adds to the experience.

Walt Olsen posted this on FB:

"Just a heads up, even though they are not coming out from my label, I wanted to let you guys know that my colorist and I color corrected SEVEN BLOOD STAINED ORCHIDS, as well as BLACK COBRA, and we are pretty proud of the work we did. I also made sure SEVEN BLOOD STAINED ORCHIDS defaults to the Italian track with English subs instead of the English dub (as well as having my people fix all the subtitle errors that were created by an individual whom my brother employs which was a tale unto itself). Now again, these are not my discs, so I have no idea how they ultimately come out, but my colorist and I are proud of the work we did on the two, especially SEVEN BLOOD STAINED ORCHIDS,and also I arranged it with Troy Howarth to do a commentary for ORCHIDS and Mirek Lipinski for BLACK COBRA, so hopefully you will take a look at them and like the work we did. Thanks and Happy Holidays!"
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I feel bad for Walt.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Just a bump. I can't find the link. If anyone knows if the CR release of Cut and Run has the full -uncut- film in English the entire time and if the split in half scene is taken from film elements.

Alejandro Jodorowsky