+ Reply to Thread
Page 266 of 268 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2671

Thread: The Code Red DVD Thread

Now I'm looking forward to WINTER NIGHT.
    "Oh good. He's pissed".

I've never seen Screams of a Winter Night. I'm not sure I had even heard of it before until I ran across a popular torrent. I thought I had a download but I can't find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIaBl4gHOd4

The post on B-R says that clip has night/day issues that will be corrected soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    I've never seen Screams of a Winter Night. I'm not sure I had even heard of it before until I ran across a popular torrent. I thought I had a download but I can't find it.
    Keep your expectations in check. I saw it a few years ago and didn't like it at all. I'm not really sure what I'm missing, but I believe this is one of the more wildly overpraised obscurities. Great opening, though.

My expectations is that it's a terrible movie. I got that from the comments on the torrent, which, is why I think I never d/l'd. Whether or not I order it will depend on price & whatever else is released at that time by other labels. I do find it interesting that it's getting released & they found unseen footage.

It's not a movie that's gonna blow your socks off by any means but if you enjoy low budget regional horror it's worth a watch. I'd put it in the same camp as SHRIEK OF THE MUTILATED and BLOOD STALKERS.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyboy View Post
    It's not a movie that's gonna blow your socks off by any means but if you enjoy low budget regional horror it's worth a watch. I'd put it in the same camp as SHRIEK OF THE MUTILATED and BLOOD STALKERS.
    I think it may be one of those films that would have been more effective if I saw it at a younger age (like you mentioned, having seen it at the drive-in) and without the hype that it's gotten over the years by - I suspect - the same people who did see it at the right time in their lives.

I saw Screams of a Winter Night on a bootleg VHS and I loved it, I can't wait for the Blu ray, I am interested that it's got a missing segment, that's got me really excited for this release, it's one of the films I most wanted on blu ray, and I can't believe it's getting a release, and with missing footage. I hope it's good quality when it finally is released. I wish Arrow would have done it though as opposed to Code Red, would have been nice to have in the Forgotten American Horror Films collection they are doing, but oh well, Code Red is better than nothing (I guess)

Matt's right, I probably have more nostalgia for the film having seen it at the Skyview drive-in when it first came out, though it still has its charm on home video for me. It's one of those flicks that if remade today, I'd put money on it ending up as a found footage film.

I'd really be interested in seeing the newly uncovered footage, but I haven't purchased any Code Red product in a long time, sadly.
    VHS will never die!

Blastfighter, Ironmaster, Hands of Steel, Scream, In The Aftermath and Cocaine Wars are all 'coming soon' but you can't pre-order them yet.

http://store.roninflix.com/?reqp=1&r...0&sort=nameAsc
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Diabolik has lots of stuff up right now, including the Ronin titles.

+ Reply to Thread