Page 4 of 307 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Code Red DVD Thread

That be more than I got from Media Blasters - I had to buy my own copy, they wouldn't even give me one (same as with anything I worked on for them - cheapos).
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Of all the upcomming titles it's the only one I haven't pre-order... Any good words to say about The Godfather Squad to change this?

BTW Caged Men will be release in november and as Abdullah the butcher is in it this is kind of a must buy for any Canadian wrestling fan. He was almost on every wrestling show here in Quebec when I was a kid and I've see him live a couple of time... he was a bad guy, but he gave quite a show

Hopefully they get Abdullah for an interview, that'd be cool.

Haven't seen Godfather Squad but I think I love it just based on the cover art alone.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Anyone else dig into Nightmare yet? It's a good set (despite the unsubbed interview and 'wacky' packaging and disc labelling - disc two is made to look like a DVD-R for some reason). The newer transfer on the 2nd disc is the best of the three by quite a margin. I'm pretty happy to have it, the movie is a kick and has some pretty great gore. Lots of logic gaps, but I've come to expect that with old slasher films.

Will be digging into The Witchmaker soon.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That Godfather Squad DOES cry out my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Anyone else dig into Nightmare yet? It's a good set (despite the unsubbed interview and 'wacky' packaging and disc labelling - disc two is made to look like a DVD-R for some reason).
    Don't quote me, but I seem to remember reading something about the faux-DVDR design being done as a dig at all the online Code Red haters who raved on (and on and on) that they were going to buy bootlegs copies of the film just to spite the Olsens because they were taking so long with the release. Funny guys, yes...but not without a pointed sense of humour that they can direct at some of the dickheads out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Don't quote me
    Don't boss me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Don't quote me, but I seem to remember reading something about the faux-DVDR design being done as a dig at all the online Code Red haters who raved on (and on and on) that they were going to buy bootlegs copies of the film just to spite the Olsens because they were taking so long with the release. Funny guys, yes...but not without a pointed sense of humour that they can direct at some of the dickheads out there.
    I'm sure it was something like that. Regardless, though I see the humor, I don't necessarily think it improves the package (likewise for their septic cinema menus and random screaming dude clips they take onto some of their releases).
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Mind you, I didn't say I liked the idea...just that it seems to be their sense of humour. A bit like that time at the "old place" when they were doing some convention or festival thing and ragged the shit out of the site (for not reviewing their discs) to the entire audience present...and who probably didn't have a clue what they were on about. Mad, I tell you, mad...

Oh well, beats palming off favourable reviews of product because you're on someone's payroll... (Actually, it doesn't - I was just saying that because both things are similarly idiotic)

So supposedly they've got Popcorn up for an SE reissue in Nov.?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!