Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kirk Douglas Hollywood icon passes away at 103

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    I remember the old joke about "what kind of wood doesn't float?" I'm sure when Michael Douglas passes on, all the jokes about him getting throat cancer from cunnilingus will pop up too. It's just gallows humor.
    Bruce Dickinson said the same thing when he got it.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Bruce Dickinson said the same thing when he got it.
    And Eddie Van Halen said that he got it from metal guitar picks. This is why they were no fun without Dave.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Last edited by JLG; 02-06-2020 at 06:52 PM. Reason: message board nonsense

Last edited by JLG; 02-06-2020 at 06:51 PM. Reason: message board nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by JLG View Post
    "what kind of wood doesn't float?" might be gallows humor but the connection to Kirk Douglas is rape.

a totally different boat.

and if that is true it is pretty disgusting
    You're absolutely correct about that. I don't know much about that allegation other than it's a rumor floating about. I'm sure these powerful Hollywood figures have all kinds of skeletons rattling around in their closets and Kirk was certainly no exception. His own words don't paint the best picture of him and shows what an egomaniac he was especially when it came to sexual relations with women.

When it came to sex, Douglas admits he looked at it as if he were on a big game safari in Africa.

“I looked at something and BANG! I had total control. I enjoyed [killing]; the Masai gave me a shield and a spear and called me Killer Douglas.”
    He said he took the woman to bed, keeping the fact he was Jewish a secret until the climatic moment, when he screamed:

“I am a Jew! You are being f— by a Jew!”
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

I had never heard the Douglas/Wood allegation. Did some digging around (aware that digging around on the internet doesn't really mean anything solid, but...) and found this blog, that links back to the gawker article. Not saying the man was a saint, but it's kinda hard to get behind an allegation that was rumoured to be said by somebody that may have been somebody important who might have worked with somebody who knew something about some things.

https://www.wonkette.com/are-we-seri...dy-gossip-blog

The allegation's not watertight, unlike...

No, I'm better than that. Who am I kidding?
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    The allegation's not watertight, unlike...

No, I'm better than that. Who am I kidding?
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I had never heard the Douglas/Wood allegation. Did some digging around (aware that digging around on the internet doesn't really mean anything solid, but...) and found this blog, that links back to the gawker article. Not saying the man was a saint, but it's kinda hard to get behind an allegation that was rumoured to be said by somebody that may have been somebody important who might have worked with somebody who knew something about some things.

https://www.wonkette.com/are-we-seri...dy-gossip-blog
    Stranger things have happened.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.