Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: European Music Variety Shows of the 70s!

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Musikladen is great! Is it a variety show though? Or just a performance? We love the Sweet and Slade clips from that show, but I don't know that I've seen anything else.
    Here's some info (if you haven't already seen this) - really impressive list of notable performers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musikladen
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

A little treat for the Eurocult lovers out there, Christian Anders promoted his movie "Roots of Evil" (you know, that karate flick with Deep Roy?) at Disco and of course Ilja had to write a sketch around it:

I thought about translating it for you but it's totally nuts and I probably won't find the right words anyway :D
    Also in the sketch you see Dunja Rajter who played that drug addict & love interest.

Musikladen ran from the 70s till the early 80s, it was mostly live acts, in the early episodes some comedic cartoons and yes, it had gogo dancers and stuff as well. Keep in mind: it ran on a television channel that was public broadcast, so tax funded tits for the Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Why thumbs down? You could've just been making stuff up!

I was also trying to make the new guy feel welcome, ya jerk!
    FINE.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Here's some info (if you haven't already seen this) - really impressive list of notable performers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musikladen
    Wow, that's some list!
    Last edited by Alison Jane; 02-09-2020 at 09:13 PM.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    A little treat for the Eurocult lovers out there, Christian Anders promoted his movie "Roots of Evil" (you know, that karate flick with Deep Roy?) at Disco and of course Ilja had to write a sketch around it:

I thought about translating it for you but it's totally nuts and I probably won't find the right words anyway :D
    Also in the sketch you see Dunja Rajter who played that drug addict & love interest.

Musikladen ran from the 70s till the early 80s, it was mostly live acts, in the early episodes some comedic cartoons and yes, it had gogo dancers and stuff as well. Keep in mind: it ran on a television channel that was public broadcast, so tax funded tits for the Germans.
    That's pretty amazing. I prefer this stuff not translated, haha!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post

Is that Owen Wilson's German doppelgänger? Damn, even for the 70s & accounting for them being Euros, that's some corny shit. I don't know much about German pop music as they've had very little success outside of Germany other than perhaps Nena. My relatives used to play Nena when I was a kid and thought she was kinda hot back in the day until I saw one of her live perfs where she had hairy ass arm pits.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"