Thread: Der goldene Handschuh/The Golden Glove 2019

Der goldene Handschuh/The Golden Glove 2019

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7670212/

the trailer almost makes it look like a dark comedy

pleasantly surprised by this movie. thought it was going to be heavier on the comedy, because of the trailer, but pretty dark portrayal of a piece of shit.
    on Shudder if anyone has that.

Was lucky enough to catch this in the cinema, thought it was very good and had a grim feel to it.
    The saying of wanting to take a shower after watching a film truly applies to Der Goldene Handschuh.
    Everything and everybody looks rundown, dirty, sweaty and oozes sleaze.
    You can barely see the sad alcoholized patrons frequenting the bar in the title through cigarette smoke as thick as a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Iversen View Post
    You can barely see the sad alcoholized patrons frequenting the bar in the title through cigarette smoke as thick as a wall.
    very, good description. most of the bar people looked very, very rough. pics of the actual Honka's place looked pretty identical to the set too

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Iversen View Post
    Was lucky enough to catch this in the cinema, thought it was very good and had a grim feel to it.
    The saying of wanting to take a shower after watching a film truly applies to Der Goldene Handschuh.
    Sounds great! I've got the blu-ray but I haven't watched it yet. Apparently, it got a lot of flak from film critics in Germany for being, well, too violent and grim.

Even though it got a bit repetitive, and the uglyness of the main character was a bit exaggerated I dug this. The pub and the people who frequented it were quite fun, and I loved the use of german covers of famous songs of the era as soundtrack.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"