Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Cirith Ungol Album - Forever Black - Coming 4/24/20

New Cirith Ungol Album - Forever Black - Coming 4/24/20

It's entirely possible no one else cares but I'm excited about this.

https://www.metalblade.com/cirithungol/#order

First new album in 29 years. They sounded great when I saw them in Brooklyn 2 years ago.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Cool. I'll check it out.

I bought their first album, Frost and Fire, back when it came out. Stumbled on it while on a record buying safari to Charleston and dug the cover. The drummer's phone number was on the back cover so I called him and we ended up talking for about 2 hours about fantasy and horror novels and metal. He was so fucking cool and nice to a nerdy high school kid. My mom was pissed when the phone bill came, haha. I really liked their music but the singer was a little off putting to me. That live album from a year or so ago was pretty cool. I'll probably check this out.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I bought their first album, Frost and Fire, back when it came out. Stumbled on it while on a record buying safari to Charleston and dug the cover. The drummer's phone number was on the back cover so I called him and we ended up talking for about 2 hours about fantasy and horror novels and metal. He was so fucking cool and nice to a nerdy high school kid. My mom was pissed when the phone bill came, haha. I really liked their music but the singer was a little off putting to me. That live album from a year or so ago was pretty cool. I'll probably check this out.
    That's amazing.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

You're not alone. I for one am interested. I don't know anything about their background or history but a friend of mine gave me their first three albums on cd years and years ago. Two of them was on a Russian bootleg as you couldn't get them back then (no idea if they've been reprinted - I still play the old boot). :D

This is pretty cool. Alas, I have the non-flexi subscription to Decibel.

Only a week ago, California legends Cirith Ungol announced the release date for Forever Black, the band’s first new studio LP in nearly 30 years. That’s reason enough for the old heads at Decibel to be thrilled, but couple that with the fact that the heavy doom metal heroes recorded an exclusive track for the Decibel Flexi Series and our excitement level has surpassed pure fucking mania! “Brutish Manchild” will not be included on Forever Black, so, as always, the best way to ensure your very own copy is to sign up for a deluxe Decibel subscription by noon EST on Monday, March 2. Don’t miss out, join the legion and subscribe now!

Cirith Ungol sounds like the name of a Welsh hemorrhoid cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    This is pretty cool. Alas, I have the non-flexi subscription to Decibel.

Only a week ago, California legends Cirith Ungol announced the release date for Forever Black, the band’s first new studio LP in nearly 30 years. That’s reason enough for the old heads at Decibel to be thrilled, but couple that with the fact that the heavy doom metal heroes recorded an exclusive track for the Decibel Flexi Series and our excitement level has surpassed pure fucking mania! “Brutish Manchild” will not be included on Forever Black, so, as always, the best way to ensure your very own copy is to sign up for a deluxe Decibel subscription by noon EST on Monday, March 2. Don’t miss out, join the legion and subscribe now!
    God damn it, now I need this.

Anyone who is into this band who hasn't grabbed the new live CD/DVD set, which is dirt cheap on Amazon, should do so. It's fantastic, and it provides a whole lot of bang for the buck. 2 CDs, 2 DVDs. Liner notes. A nice set.

https://amzn.to/3ciV43F
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This seems to be the year for comebacks after decades of slumber. Psychotic Waltz just released their first in 24 years and it's an AOTY contender. Hopefully these legends will follow suit. King of the Dead is essential.
    Vortice Mortale - Latest post: No Reason (Olaf Ittenbach, 2010)

The new album got a really good review in the new Decibel. I didn't realize one of the guitar players (a non-original member) is also in Night Demon, a really cool traditional heavy metal band. One of the songs is about Stormbringer, the sword from Moorcock's books, BOC also had a tune about it, "Black Blade".