Thread: The Hunt (2020)

The Hunt (2020)

This got a lot of controversy and was shelved for two years. Looks fun.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

You know that Damon Lindelof co-wrote the script, right?
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Fango having some fun with their cover feature (the uncensored version is obviously going to be available to subscribers, they're just playing this up online).

Name:  hunt.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  82.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This movie was a ton of fun. Pokes fun at the Left and Right. Highly recommended. I think the co-writer Nick Cuse took the bulk of the credit for this one and it shows.

Some fantastic gore as well. Sad that this flopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    This movie was a ton of fun. Pokes fun at the Left and Right. Highly recommended. I think the co-writer Nick Cuse took the bulk of the credit for this one and it shows.

Some fantastic gore as well. Sad that this flopped.

I saw this, and had a good time as well. Most of the audience, also.

I would not say this, "Flopped", more that, it got released to theatres at an inopportune time. It only got 1 weekend, before the US pretty much shuttered all theatres. When I went to see it, that was when theatres were limiting tickets to 50% capacity. I'd say, the theatre was at about 35% capacity. Pretty good considering a lot of folks were avoiding movie theatres. Most folks in the audience had a good time. Asian fella sitting next to me, he started laughing at the bit where the, "Always Sunny" guy is criticized for his, "Cultural appropriation" of the kimono, hahaha. Same guy seated next to me, got a kick, I as well, about the, "HEY! You guys!" comment, then that guy being chastised by his group for, "Gendering" the sentence, due to a woman being there, so, he has to correct himself. Reminded me, outof all things, Robert Stack in the Beavis and Butt-head Do America movie, where he always corrects he guy about never ending his sentence with a preposition, so, the guy always has to think about how to form a sentence about the camper that Beavis had been whacking in.

It was a good time. It gets off to a fast start. A few slow downs here and there, but, I, and it seemed a lot of the others, enjoyed the little jokes. Such as that woman, and the short discussion that if they showed mercy on her, like the big fella asked, would that be discriminatory and sexist, since she is a woman?? It works out, though, the wounded woman lets 'em know her thoughts about that. The audience and I got some laughs out of that.

It slowed down a bit, with that, "Turtle and the hare" bit, but, overall, good stuff. Gore effects right at the start. Audience got some laughs at it, mostly at the silly, "PC" comments and stuff.

So, a good time, pokes fun at left and right, though, does a bit more poking at the left. It was refreshing. A few days later, all theatres shut down, so, I am glad I got to see it with the crowd.

It could best be described as "radical centrist" in the best of ways.

Blu-ray coming 6/9/20.

Name:  e78c69e6-f8e2-4f42-8606-807c492ceed4.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  97.0 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Extras for the Blu-ray announced:

THE HUNT BONUS FEATURES on BLU-RAY DVD AND DIGITAL:

* CRAFTING THE HUNT - Filmmakers and cast discuss how costumes and props were used to highlight the political commentary of this slaughterous thriller.
    * DEATH SCENE BREAKDOWNS – THE HUNT’s talented special effects and make-up teams give you an inside look on how they carried out some of the goriest death sequences.
    * ATHENA VS CRYSTAL: HUNTER OR HUNTED? – Go behind the scenes to check out the intense training and choreography actresses Betty Gilpin and Hilary Swank had to master in order to execute this epic fight scene.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!