Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best audio commentaries

Bruce Campbell is always funny; his solo EVIL DEAD track is great as is the one he shares on ED II with Raimi, Spiegel and Nicotero. The REPO MAN commentary is a classic and tons of fun. The drunk commentary on Vincent Pereira's A BETTER PLACE is great. Any track with David Del Valle & David DeCoteau is full of great stories (THE KILLING KIND, HOUSE OF 1000 DOLLS, HOLLYWOOD HORROR HOUSE, several others).

The Doris Wishman commentary on the Elite release of A NIGHT TO DISMEMBER is a hoot.
    VHS will never die!

I just remembered the commentary for Venom. The one with Oliver Reed and Klaus Kinski. Fun commentary and the director telling stories of how much Klaus and Oliver despised each other with Oliver calling him a Nazi.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

The commentary in Clerks: The Animated Series is great, and was the first commentary to get the disclaimer about the views and opinions expressed in it, since it is pretty much a 2.5 hour oral history of how ABC fucked over Kevin Smith and the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    The commentary in Clerks: The Animated Series is great, and was the first commentary to get the disclaimer about the views and opinions expressed in it, since it is pretty much a 2.5 hour oral history of how ABC fucked over Kevin Smith and the show.
    I need to hear that! I love listening to Kevin Smith bitch at length about people who have fucked him over.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clark View Post
    Abel Ferrara (The Driller Killer/Short films)
    The one he did for King of New York was great as well. Really disappointed by the one on Bad Lieutenant, which he did after quitting the booze. So much less entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    I need to hear that! I love listening to Kevin Smith bitch at length about people who have fucked him over.
    Get your hands on that set. The show is really funny, and you can watch animatic versions of every spisode, which shows a lot of visual jokes the network wouldn’t let them get away with, like the real name of the second burn ward in episode 2.

The fan commentary by Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier on the ROAD HOUSE special edition is fantastic as well.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?