Thread: Vinegar Syndrome's Forgotten Gialli

Vinegar Syndrome's Forgotten Gialli

VS announced the first Forgotten Gialli box set (due out in April)
    We are thrilled to finally announce our first (of several) collections of rare Italian and Spanish gialli. Forgotten Gialli: Volume 1 will feature three never available in the US titles and will be released in April. Pre-orders will be available soon.

Javier Aguirre's Euro-sleaze-star-studded adaptation of And Then There Were None, THE KILLER IS ONE OF 13, León Klimovsky's giallo/proto-slasher hybrid, TRAUMA, and Helia Colombo's supremely weird THE POLICE ARE BLUNDERING IN THE DARK.

All three of these nearly impossible to see films will be presented in brand new, 2K restorations from their original negatives.

I was reading about this earlier. Great to have the titles announced. I've seen THE POLICE ARE BLUNDERING IN THE DARK, some sleazy murders and a very off-kilter atmosphere make this worth seeing. It's no lost classic but it sort of has a cut-rate Polselli vibe. THE KILLER IS ONE OF THIRTEEN is slow to get going but does finally have some fairly brutal killings. Haven't seen Klimovsky's TRAUMA. The lone review at IMDb says it's his sleaziest horror film.

I certainly never expected to see any of these get this kind of loving care. I'll be buying this for sure, gotta support VS for releasing these.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Haven't seen Klimovsky's TRAUMA. The lone review at IMDb says it's his sleaziest horror film.
    What title is it under on imdb?
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    What title is it under on imdb?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076885/

There are actually a few reviews, I missed the others first pass.
    Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 03-04-2020 at 06:47 PM.

geez, best news ever! sure they are not the best gialli ever (don't know, haven't seen them yet) but they have tits, blood and black gloves + a boxset featuring 3 spanish gialli never before in HD?!
    c'mon ... every r!s!p! member should at least buy 2 copies!

^^This will be the first time in years I'll pre-order instead on stocking up during their big sales. Keep the Gialli coming VS.