Thread: Through the Looking Glass

Through the Looking Glass

So I was showing this girl that I have been seeing some adult movies from Vinegar Syndrome and Distribpix (she was quiet impressed btw) when I came across my old Through the Looking Glass DVD.

I had forgotten what an excellent movie this is!

Wasn’t it supposed to be released on Blu-ray some time ago?
    Was it ever released?
    I hope I didn’t miss out on a Limited Edition or something!

Anthony

It was supposed to be released but it never happened. There was an issue with the HD scan that was prepared and I don't know if it was ever redone or not.

It would look amazing in HD. I'd be all over this if it were to happen.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I can't help but think that it would outsell any of their other releases! It's at the top of my wishlist, anyway.

I know that Steven likes to go all out on his Blu-rays and I understand that completely. I love all the extras including the magnets and stuff but I would be just as likely to buy his movies without all of those things. It would probably save him a ton of money to just do a full restoration of his films and release them without all of that extra stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the extra effort and I'm glad I have all of those things. I just think he could release more movies more frequently without all of that and make a lot more money. In other words, I don't believe it would hurt sales in the least.

If it's not about the money and he loves what he is doing then I understand that too. I'll keep buying no matter what.

The odd things is, I know first hand from being there, that he's got scans done for a bunch of titles. He was planning, at one point, to do a bunch of double feature releases on Blu-ray without any extras, just to start getting the finished titles out there. Why it hasn't happened I don't know, I haven 't talked to him in a while. It's probably just a matter of essentially being a one man show and not having enough hours in the day.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!