Thread: Mondo Macabro Releasing Gemini

Mondo Macabro Releasing Gemini

From FB:

"Mondo Macabro is extremely excited to bring you the world Blu-ray debut of GEMINI, a blistering film from famed cult director Shinya Tsukamoto.

Based on a story by “ero-guro” author Edogawa Ranpo, GEMINI is a tale of doppelgangers and revenge, set in the early 20th century during, appropriately enough for our current troubles, a plague outbreak. The film is full of hallucinogenic imagery and has an extraordinary, pounding soundtrack that you won’t be able to get out of your mind.

We think it’s one of Tsukamoto’s very best works and one of the most memorable Japanese movies of the 1990s.

We’ll have more info as we get closer to the release date, including the full list of extras and the reversible cover for the LE.

The current plan is to have this release and the LADY KILLS/PERVERTISSIMA double feature go on sale sometime in late April or early May and ship out soon after. However, the COVID-19 crisis is making this schedule extremely fluid at best. But we will be as transparent and forthcoming as possible with this information as soon as we have it.

In the meantime, , check out this brand new teaser trailer for a taste of the madness to come …"

https://vimeo.com/398873058
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Shit, I will have to buy this to replace my VCD!

Also considering a doubleup here from the old Japanese DVD.

A Tsukamoto movie not everybody and his brother have already released, both english friendly DVDs are from 1999 ^^

As a sidenote, Nightmare Detective 2 is still MIA and it would be lovely to eventually see August in the Water and Labyrinth of Dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by ropo1 View Post
    As a sidenote, Nightmare Detective 2 is still MIA
    Really? I must've seen a bootleg then, because I've definitely seen ND2.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

The film finally hitting BD is what's most important but I'm curious what kind of extras MM can dig up and license for this one. For example, it's no secret that one Takashi Miike filmed a making-of documentary for this film and AFAIK only truncated versions of that have ever been included on previous releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Really? I must've seen a bootleg then, because I've definitely seen ND2.
    I've seen it aswell but a fansub, neither the japanese nor german dvd have english subs (those are to my knowledge the legit releases of the movie)

Quote Originally Posted by ropo1 View Post
    I've seen it aswell but a fansub, neither the japanese nor german dvd have english subs (those are to my knowledge the legit releases of the movie)
    I have a custom of that German Blu Ray with English subs and the it's not worth the upgrade over the boot dvd.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"