Thread: Alex Cheung's COPS AND ROBBERS blu ray with English subs

Alex Cheung's COPS AND ROBBERS blu ray with English subs

**Should be Alex Cheung not Alfred. Mods, please edit the thread title**

Spectrum Films might've been the first to put out Cheung's HK new wave crime flick on blu ray but it wasn't English friendly. Good news is that a Region A version with English subs followed shortly from CN Entertainment. Up for pre-order now at dddhouse.com

Starring : Wong Chung, Kam Hing Yin, Cheung Kwok Keung, Teddy Robin
    Region : Blu-ray Region A
    Genres : Crime, Adventure, Action
    Distributor : CN Entertainment Ltd
    Director : Cheung Kwok Ming
    Release Date : 27-Mar-2020
    Pre-Order Price : HK$175/US$22.44
    Description :
    1920x1080 FULL HD
    Widescreen
    AVC
    Dolby True HD 5.1 (24bit/96kHz)
    Language : Cantonese, Mandarin
    Subtitles : Chinese, English

Synopsis :
    Hot-tempered sergeant Chan Lap Kei (Wong Chung, Mobfix Patrol) is good at cracking cases, but his people relations, particularly with superior Chow (Kam Hing Yin), leave much to be desired. Hardworking rookie Wing (Cheung Kwok Keung, Pye-Dog), who just joined the team, gets partnered up with Kei and eagerly learns from the veteran cop. The Wing-Kei tag team successfully tracks down a group of robbers, but tragedy ensues when they fail to capture the cross-eyed leader Biu (Hui Bing Sam). Biu targets the police for revenge, starting with Kei's son.

Last edited by 47lab; 03-21-2020 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Had the actor Alfred Cheung on my mind
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

CN Entertainment is also releasing the sequel to GIRLS WITHOUT TOMORROW, GIRLS WITHOUT TOMORROW 1992 directed by David Lam on blu ray. Up for pre-order at dddhouse.com

Starring : Pauline Chan, Carina Lau, Fung Bo Bo, Vivian Chow
    Region : Blu-ray A, B, C (All Region)
    Genres : Drama
    Director : Lam Tak Luk, Wong Chi
    Release Date : 20-Mar-2020
    Description :

1920x1080 FULL HD
    Widescreen
    AVC

Synopsis 100 minutes :
    This is a misery story above five prostitutes, Hung, a procuress, at her late forty. She had a daughter, Ling. One of the hottest star in town though she hated her mother being a procuress and denied Hung to be her mother, for fame and fortune Ling follows Hung's footsteps accosting those producers.

Tsui Hark's TRI STAR also will be getting a blu ray release. Up for pre-order at dddhouse.com in two editions. The limited edition with some extras like promotional stills.

Starring : Leslie Cheung, Lau Ching Wan, Anita Yuen
    Region : Blu-ray A, B, C (All Region)
    Genres : Action, Comedy
    Director : Tsui Hark
    Release Date : 27-Mar-2020
    Pre-Order Price : HK$175/US$22.44
    Description :

1920x1080 FULL HD
    Widescreen
    AVC

Synopsis :
    Aa wacky Lunar New Year Comedy with loaded comic situations aplenty. Leslie Cheung is a deadly handsome Catholic priest whose followers are mainly women who congregate to bask in his insanely pretty presence. However, he only has eyes for the Lord ?that is, until he chances upon a troubled prostitute (Anita Yuen) who's in deep with the mob. She engages his sympathy, and he endeavors to save her, but he may be in for more than he bargained for! In return, she falls head over heels in love with him, a definite no-no for a devout man of the cloth. Meanwhile, cops Lau Ching-Wan and Sunny Chan are convinced…..

ROBOTRIX is due a blu ray release from Panorama HK on March 27 or 28. Pre-order at dddhouse.com The first copies include a postcard.

RIKI-OH: THE STORY OF RICKY will also be released on blu ray on March 27 or 28. Up for pre-order at dddhouse.com The first copies include a postcard.

Last edited by 47lab; 03-24-2020 at 02:29 AM. Reason: fixed links

Please, please, please Robotrix be
    1) Uncut
    2) Original sound in decent quality

If those two conditions are met, I'll be buying it immediately.

I saw Robotrix in 35mm about 12 years ago (as the closing film of an all night marathon) and oh boy, was that an experience to remember! Awesome film!

Under normal circumstances I'd be all over Robotrix.

I wonder if the Ricky Blu-ray will be better than the ones already out there?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Takuma View Post
    1) Uncut

I saw Robotrix in 35mm about 12 years ago (as the closing film of an all night marathon) and oh boy, was that an experience to remember! Awesome film!
    It appears so from the tech specs that Panorama put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Takuma View Post
    1) Uncut

ALL HK DVD releases are UNCUT so this will be UNCUTtoo. The ONLY CUT release is the UK DVD release.