Thread: Weird differences in movies when they're been released on DVD/Blu.

Weird differences in movies when they're been released on DVD/Blu.

You know those weird changes, we're not talking George Lucas shit, but just small differences you notice that no one else ever seems to bring up that just annoys you a little bit.

I noticed this as a kid with the South Park Movie.

About 2 minutes in, Stan gets Kenny. In the theatrical version and the recent Blu, Stan goes to the door and Kenny's mom is there and yells at Kenny to wakeup. For the DVD and VHS, Stan doesn't meet Kenny's mom at the door and you just hear voiceover of him telling Kenny to get up.

Another one:

Demons (1985) I noticed this for the Blu. When the gang of punks are outside the cinema and one of them asks what that noise was in the theatrical and DVD release a guy say's "It's the coke in your ears!" but for the Blu the line is now "It's Dracula!"
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

If I'm not mistaken, Synapse's limited edition steelbook of Demons has two different English dubs, but I'm not sure if it is dialogue differences or just different music.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick King View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Synapse's limited edition steelbook of Demons has two different English dubs, but I'm not sure if it is dialogue differences or just different music.
    The two different sound mixes of DEMONS (one is the international English dub; the other is the US dub) have differences in terms of sound effects and some lines of dialogue. There's a pretty good breakdown of the differences here: http://eerieeriksreviews.blogspot.co...in-demons.html

Which you prefer will probably depend on which version of the film you encountered first.

This is a pre-DVD/Blu-ray reflection, but when I saw INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE at the cinema in the UK on the weekend of its first release, it definitely had the scene in which Indiana Jones uses a Nazi salute to knock out a Nazi officer, which clarifies how he is seen wearing this officer's uniform slightly later in the film.

I also seem to recall RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK having the scene in which Ronald Lacey issues a Nazi salute which shows he has the imprint of the staff burnt into his hand.

Neither of these have been included in any home video release, AFAIK.
    Last edited by Paul L; 03-23-2020 at 05:04 AM.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

This is probably not quite what youre talking about but I've always wanted to see the version of Goonies that I saw on its first cinema release. The one with the trip to the milk bar at the start and stuff. As a kid watching it on video I always felt ripped off that I was getting this shortened version. Obviously, I understand now that the shortened version is the standard release version but I still can't help feeling shortchanged.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Another one is the DVD/Blu of Margheriti's Namsploitation epic The Last Hunter with David Warbeck. The old VHS had a scene with a soldier casually doing push-ups while his comrades are under fire. A 5-10 second shot missing on DVD and I think the Blu.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

SHREK now had additional music in one random scene - where Donkey sings about being alone. Odd...