Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are you buying from?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wood View Post
    There seems to be some confusion over VS shipping to Canada. They (VS) package the items in CT then pass them on to a company that imports them into Canada and are then mailed from the importer in Toronto. They still come across the border and go through customs but the importer has an arrangement that customs can inspect the packages if they want but almost never does.
    OK, so I e-mailed VS about this and they assured me that they have a warehouse in Canada where their discs ship from. Not sure where you got your info, but thanks for making me paranoid for no reason, haha.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    OK, so I e-mailed VS about this and they assured me that they have a warehouse in Canada where their discs ship from. Not sure where you got your info, but thanks for making me paranoid for no reason, haha.
    This is their warehouse: https://canadaprepandfulfillment.com/

True, they ship from Canada but the packages are prepared in CT.

To get back to the original question. I still use the same sources but since almost everything I order is new, it really doesn't make any difference since, except for some small labels who have the discs made in states that haven't shut down everything, there won't be any new discs in the foreseeable future. Same goes for books also.

Bull Moose is still shipping daily now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wood View Post
    To get back to the original question. I still use the same sources but since almost everything I order is new, it really doesn't make any difference since, except for some small labels who have the discs made in states that haven't shut down everything, there won't be any new discs in the foreseeable future. Same goes for books also.
    You've forgotten e-books.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    You've forgotten e-books.
    Yes and no. No publisher will release an e-book of a new work if they feel there's a market for the actual book. The e-book field is considered more as an extra to the publishers. They make more money on one, but the volume isn't there. For example I doubt you would see the next Stephen King book go directly to e-book. He tried it himself and while he claims it was successful, the fact that he never did it again tells you it really wasn't or at best marginal.

This shut down will also affect things for quite a while after things get back to normal. Releases will be backed up and need to bump other releases. Meanwhile, nothing is being filmed now, causing further delays. I can see buying or viewing new films to be slim for quite some time.