Thread: Planet of the Apes TV films

Planet of the Apes TV films

Did anybody else happen to catch the TV films that were made by splicing different episodss from the television series together? I recorded them from Channel 4 many years ago but now the only one I have left is Farewell to the Planet of the Apes (a lot of my tapes were binned during house clearances). The thing I loved about these films is that they only used the best episodes of the series and were put together in a slightly different order that seemed to work better than the original series. I'd love to see them again if anybody else happened to record them. I'm also happy to trade DVD+Rs of the one I have (very nice quality for an old TV recording!)

I'm sure I saw at least some of them, I watched the series on a regular basis. It's been so long though I can't remember much specifically. Have you checked places like Just For The Hell Of It, Video Screams and Bloodgore Video? They are probably your best bet.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Haven’t seen the films listed by any bootleggers. I much prefer to trade, as well. Hopefully someone has them.

I saw them back in the day, but, now that nostalgia channels like ME-TV are rerunning the entire series, they've become superfluous. I watched the series a couple of years ago. It wasn't as bad as its reputation would have it. Still, it had the problem of having such a limiting premise - the astronauts being chased by Apes hoping to find a way to return to Earth - that it quickly became repetitious.

I haven't seen the film versions of the TV show since I was a fairly young kid. They use to air fairly often on Saturday afternoons.

I used to have the first one, think it was called Return to the Planet of the Apes or Back to the Planet of the Apes. It combined Episodes 1 and 3.

Back to the Planet of the Apes was the first one, yes. I also had that. The full list is:

1) Back to the Planet of the Apes
    2) The Forgotten City of the Planet of the Apes
    3) Treachery and Greed on the Planet of the Apes
    4) Life, Liberty and Pursuit on the Planet of the Apes
    5) Farewell to the Planet of the Apes

I am still really surprised that they never managed to get any DVD releases. I know that the full TV series is now available but you'd think companies would be looking to cash in.

Am I mistaken, or wasn’t Back to... in the 40-Year Evolution set? I’d check my copy, but I lent it to my in-laws.

Edit doesn’t like to work on my iPad, so double-posting. Sorry!

I double-checked and I was mistaken. It has Battle for the Planet of the Apes.