Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men Behind the Sun (Massacre Video)

Men Behind the Sun (Massacre Video)

"We are pleased to announce that one of the most HARD-HITTING and CONTROVERSIAL films of all time, Tun Fei Mou's MEN BEHIND THE SUN, is coming to Blu-ray soon with a brand new 4k scan from the Original Camera Negatives!

The Limited Edition slipcase version of MEN BEHIND THE SUN will be included as a free bonus to all who purchased the Blu-ray subscription.

We will announce the release specifications and pre-order date shortly."

I have this on Aussie VHS and I really don't need to upgrade. lol. It may be a good film but it's just not entertaining in anyway, to me at least. But cool to see all this stuff getting awesome bluray releases these days.

Great news! I was watching Godfrey Ho's MEN BEHIND THE SUN 3 the other day and thinking "this is garbage, but I wouldn't mind seeing the original in pristine quality". It'll be good to see it with the original soundtrack as well - the rare NZ VHS release was English dubbed and missing the infamous cat scene.

I'll definitely be picking this up.

That is fuckin fantastic news! Been waiting on this for decades!!!

Fuck yes!
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Never seen this, but heard about it for years. Sounds like a once watch only, a bit like Salo, but even nastier.

I don't know if I could watch the cat scene again. It's disgusting.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

In more recent interviews Mou claimed the cat scene was faked and the cat was fine. Not having seen it myself I can't say whether or not I think he's telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Never seen this, but heard about it for years. Sounds like a once watch only, a bit like Salo, but even nastier.
    Pretty much yeah, imo.