Thread: Extras

Extras

So since we finished After Life, we've moved on to rewatching Extras, which is just as funny without the sadness!

The celebrity cameos are fun - Kate Winslet talking about 'fudding' herself, Samuel L. Jackson's conversation with Maggie, and of course the David Bowie bit is brilliant.

Gervais is perfect here, sarcastic and acidic but not a complete and total asshole all of the time.

It's also amusing to see Ashley Jensen and Tony Way after watching After Life.

Anyway, fun stuff.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I like Patrick Stewart's cameo.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Ricky Gervais really cracks me up. The awkwardness of the humor in this show makes me feel awkward! Which is of course the point and just one reason it's so hysterical. I love the scene with Samuel L Jackson when they're trying to convince him that Maggie isn't a racist. It's like I could feel his judgmental eyes boring holes through my soul! That whole episode is amazing. Also the guy that wants to hang out with Andy and go to dinner with him and hang out at the cemetery, etc. So awkward!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

The Kate Winslett episode is my favourite. Its only got funnier with age too given how Kate eventually won her Oscar. The best though was Ian McKellan giving tips on how to act.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I like Patrick Stewart's cameo.
    She scrambles to put her knickers back on but it doesn't matter because I've seen everything. haha.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!