Thread: AMC Bringing Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles To TV

AMC Bringing Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles To TV

"Four years after announcing her intention to take her beloved supernatural characters to the world of television, Anne Rice's bestselling Vampire Chronicles have a new TV home, and they're bringing the Mayfair Witches with them.

Variety reports that AMC Networks has landed the "comprehensive rights" to develop Rice's Vampire Chronicles novels and her Lives of the Mayfair Witches novels across their TV networks and streaming services (AMC also owns the horror streamer Shudder). Rice and her son Christopher will be executive producers on the projects, which could include both series and film productions under the AMC banner. Rolin Jones, who recently show-ran Season 1 of Fox's The Exorcist and now has an overall deal at AMC, is set to take an active role in the development of the projects."

More here:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/anne-rice-vampire-chronicles-mayfair-witches-series-amc
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Are those books still popular? Feels like they faded away not long after book 5 came out.

I heard the quality declined after her husband died. Appar5 her husband, a college professor, assisted in her writing.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Man if it went down hill it had to be pretty bad. Cause Rice was never a great writer. I shlogged thru the first 3 books in her Vampire series and just gave the hell up.

I gave up after the first one.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yeah, that weird period in the 90's where everyone was into the goddam Vampire Lestat was grating, to say the least. Another opportunity now that True Blood is over for some piece-of-shit lazy motherfucking writer to use the term, "Fangtastic". F this S in the A.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I gave up after the first one.
    I wanted to give up halfway thru the first book,but my then wife kept talking about how it was the best books she had ever read. Didn't learn until we had split that it was some of the only books she had read.

The worst thing about those books is they don’t get even slightly entertaining until the second book, but if you start with the second book, it wouldn’t be entertaining at all.

The basic idea of Lestat deliberately lying to Louis about the nature and history of vampires just to fuck with him is pretty funny, but you have to see what a mopey dickweed Louis is by reading Interview for it to pay off in The Vampire Lestat, when Lestat admits he pretty much turned Louis as an elaborate prank.

Sadly, reading Interview is about as pleasant as spending a week with an occluded kidney stone.