Thread: The Films Of Kirdy Stevens

The Films Of Kirdy Stevens

So aside from the excellent VS releases of the first four Taboo films, it doesn't look like any of Kirdy Steven's other films have made it to Blu-ray, in fact, it looks like quite a few might exist only in VHS land. I know the Taboo movies are the 'big ones' from his filmography but quite a few of his other movies have their merits - good casting, good direction, solid production values. Would like to see more of his stuff make it to proper HD film-sourced presentations, rather than languish in the land out OOP discs and tapes. VS is probably the only hope for this at this point, no one else seems to be doing adult films on Blu-ray.

Gave Playing With Fire a watch a while back and it's a pretty decent mix of drama and comedy. Like his most famous films, it deals with incest (or, 'family role play' as I'm seeing some listings now describe it, haha) in a way, but it seemed to be less melodramatic than the Taboo movies, at least to me, playing things more for laughs than anything else. I don't typically care for Karen Summer but she was good in this and Cara Lott, who I do typically really like, was good here as well. Throw in Tom Byron, Eric Edwards, Rany West, Brooke West and a small role for the Hedgehog and this is well cast. Pretty entertaining stuff.

Will give Any Time, Any Place a go next.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    So aside from the excellent VS releases of the first four Taboo films, it doesn't look like any of Kirdy Steven's other films have made it to Blu-ray, in fact, it looks like quite a few might exist only in VHS land. I know the Taboo movies are the 'big ones' from his filmography but quite a few of his other movies have their merits - good casting, good direction, solid production values. Would like to see more of his stuff make it to proper HD film-sourced presentations, rather than languish in the land out OOP discs and tapes. VS is probably the only hope for this at this point, no one else seems to be doing adult films on Blu-ray.

Gave Playing With Fire a watch a while back and it's a pretty decent mix of drama and comedy. Like his most famous films, it deals with incest (or, 'family role play' as I'm seeing some listings now describe it, haha) in a way, but it seemed to be less melodramatic than the Taboo movies, at least to me, playing things more for laughs than anything else. I don't typically care for Karen Summer but she was good in this and Cara Lott, who I do typically really like, was good here as well. Throw in Tom Byron, Eric Edwards, Rany West, Brooke West and a small role for the Hedgehog and this is well cast. Pretty entertaining stuff.

Will give Any Time, Any Place a go next.

I remember that VS said that they bought the rights to his films a few years ago. But with VS cutting way back on hardcore titles, who knows if they will ever appear.

We released everything with accessible film elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wood View Post
    I remember that VS said that they bought the rights to his films a few years ago. But with VS cutting way back on hardcore titles, who knows if they will ever appear.
    We did not BUY the rights. We licensed them from Kirdy Steven's family (they run Standard Digital). The Taboo films and Suze Randall films are the hardcore titles in our catalog that we have on license.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    We did not BUY the rights. We licensed them from Kirdy Steven's family (they run Standard Digital). The Taboo films and Suze Randall films are the hardcore titles in our catalog that we have on license.
    Anymore of Kirdy's stuff in the pipeline?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Little me and Marla Strangelove is now available uncut through Standard Digital streaming on hotmovies.com so that is a possibility since maybe new elements were found ?

Do you ever consider releasing Taboo 6 with Nina Hartley even though it is shot on video? I know you usually release stuff shot on film, but Nina Hartley even on videotape is worthy of a release