Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargain Bin Diving!

Wow nice finds for cheap sir. I have a sick need to get one copy of every Razor comic. All cause years ago I got a shitpile of near mint copies of issue 1 about 5 months before the 90s Bad Girl boom happened.

Made a nice profit that I used that year at few cons digging thru cheap bins.

Yeah, if you timed that right you'd have come out with a nice chunk of change, that was an expensive book for a while there.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It was 30 or 35 when I sold them all off. Paid I think 50 cents a copy when I got them from some guy set up at a mall show.

Paid for my hotel room,con entrance fee and gave me a few bucks to drop in the dealers room.

I have speculated on comics 3 times. Razor was the only time I made a good quick profit.

The other two times,I was working at a shitty comic shop at the time, so when Spawn and Youngblood started I ordered a huge stack of each.

The Youngbloods of course I lost my money on. But Spawn I held onto,until the film came out. Sold them for a ok profit. Mostly getting 10 or 15 an issue.

Used the profits from that to rebag and re-board my then 75 longbox collection.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 01-17-2021 at 05:18 PM.

I had a good chunk of Razor comics, most of them signed too. Alas I got rid of them in a mass purge before I moved. Just gave them away.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Damn. While most of them aren't worth much they aren't that easy to find in my area.

Went back for more $0.50 books yesterday as they had put out a few new boxes.

Grabbed...

Dexter #1
    Space Riders #2 (2nd print)
    Deathstroke (Rebirth) #1
    Vampirella/ReAnimator #1
    The Goddamned #5
    Deadman Mansion Of Forbidden Love #2
    Plop #9, 10, 16
    Adventures On The Planet Of The Apes #1
    Kiss/Army Of Darkness #1
    Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1, 2, 3, 4
    Warp #1
    Aliens: Resistance #1
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Today's haul.

Miles Morales Spiderman #1
    Dceased #2, 5, 6
    Talk Bernie To Me #1 (I couldn't leave a weird Bernie Sanders comic just sitting there)
    Absolute Carnage Symbiote Of Vengeance #1
    Spawn #297
    Venom Annual #1
    Star Wars: Target Vader #1
    Star Wars: Age Of Resistence - Captain Phasma #1
    Vampirella Vol. 6 #1 (Alex Ross variant)
    Marvel Zombies Ressurection #1
    Tank Girl Gold #1
    The Goddamned #2

And some new issues:

I Breathed A Body #1
    King In Black #3 (Alien cover)
    Future State: The Next Batman #2
    Avengers #41 (Alien cover)
    Black Cat #2 (Alien cover)
    Rorschach #$
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Let me know how those DCeaced are. I have been tempted to buy the collection a couple times but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The zombie thing seems so played out but I'm still curious how DC handles it.

I have the first two issues of The Goddamned and remember liking them but haven't read them since they came out.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Let me know how those DCeaced are. I have been tempted to buy the collection a couple times but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The zombie thing seems so played out but I'm still curious how DC handles it.
    It isn't really that different than, say, Marvel Zombies, haha. It isn't a bad read at all, but for me at least, they're $1 bin books. Some neat horror movie tribute variant covers on some issues though.

I have the first two issues of The Goddamned and remember liking them but haven't read them since they came out.[/QUOTE]

It's a fantastic series. The second run is also great.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The Comic Shop my girlfriend goes to had a sale. Cheap bins dropped to 50 cents each. Or you could pack a short box for 40 bucks.

Didn't have much time so grabbed 8 books and plan on going back Friday or Saturday.

Amazing Heroes #175-Has a Peter David interview and a Tim Vigil one.Been trying to get a full run of AH.
    Name:  144220970_250142973402105_4154861350955038081_n.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  342.5 KB
    Alister The Slayer #1-Mid 90s glut stuff.The Boris cover caught my eye.
    Amazing High Adventure #1-Seen this cover in ads for years. Never saw a copy in person.The Bill Sienkiewicz cover alone was worth the 50 cents.
    Big Trouble in Little China Escaspe from New York #1-Covers says it was a lootcrate exclusive,I'm assuming this cover is the exclusive.It's the first issue of 6.
    Don Simpson's Bizarre Heroes #3-I never see issues from this ever in person.
    Dreadstar #3-Epic Run. Needed this to fill in holes in my Dreadstar run.
    Name:  143512760_1070571600115747_5220442795516148849_n.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  230.8 KB
    Elementals #1-The 90s short lived run of this title. Pretty sure by this time Bill Willingham was long gone.
    Nervous Rex #9-I have loved this William Van Horn series since finding a chunk of it in the cheap bins in the early 90s.