Thread: Nucleus films release The Libertine (1968)

Nucleus films release The Libertine (1968)

THE LIBERTINE (1968)

Exploring the sordid adventures and perverted fantasies her late husband kept from her, Mimi (Catherine Spaak, Cat O’Nine Tails, Story of a Cloistered Nun) sets out on a sexual adventure all of her own. Through a series of bold sexual encounters, each one more thrilling than the next, she meets Dr Carlo De Marchi (Jean-Louis Trintignant, Death Laid an Egg, 1968) and discovers love holds even greater adventures. This stylish Sixties Italian sex comedy deftly combines sophisticated eroticism with biting sexual politics that remain as pertinent as ever. Spaak’s third film for director Pasquale Festa Campanile (Hitch Hike) is a beautiful ode to sixties pop culture, free love, and fetish

An erotic classic little seen since its original release and now presented in both the rarely-seen, sophisticatedly erotic original European cut and the raunchier version edited and released by adult film legend Radley Metzger (Camille 2000, The Opening of Misty Beethoven), The Libertine is a sweet romantic sex comedy with a light S&M twist. Finally on Blu-ray, both versions have been restored from the best available elements and are presented uncut for the first time, complete with extensive brand-new bonus features.

Uncensored Italian Version, Alternate American Theatrical Release, Italian and English Audio Options, Optional Subtitles + SDH Audio Commentary with Author, Editor and Critic Kat Ellinger, Trovajoli, Postlude Lovey Jon on Composer Armando Trovajoli Fantasy, Futurism and Frivolity: Production Design in Pasquale Festa Campanile s The Libertine, a Visual Essay by Rachael Nisbet, Outtakes and Alternate Footage, Alternate English and French Credits, Original Censor Cuts, Extensive Image Gallery, Audubon Films Poster Gallery, Japanese Promo Videos, American, Italian and French Theatrical Trailers

Name:  716834.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  86.1 KB

SEPT 2020
    Last edited by Lalala76; 07-23-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Sold! Never seen this but the Trovajoli score is one of the iconic groovy lounge soundtracks of the era. If it's even half the film that THE SLAVE was in terms of late 1960s pop art goodness I'll be happy. Great cast as well. Catherine Spaak is stunning.

Name:  61gnm7KiL0L._SS500_.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  29.6 KB
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Sold! Never seen this but the Trovajoli score is one of the iconic groovy lounge soundtracks of the era. If it's even half the film that THE SLAVE was in terms of late 1960s pop art goodness I'll be happy. Great cast as well. Catherine Spaak is stunning.

Name:  61gnm7KiL0L._SS500_.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  29.6 KB
    Yeah. I've just ordered this. Sounds like something I should own. I loved The Slave, and I love Metzger and love iconic groovey soundtracks and sexy 60's women. Sounds like a win

First Run Features put this out on DVD a long time ago. It's every bit a groovy as The Slave, but much more lighthearted.