Thread: DVD Planet Store?

DVD Planet Store?

Has anyone ordered from DVD Planet Store (https://www.dvdplanetstore.pk/)? They're based in Pakistan and have a pretty remarkable selection (of rather dubious copyright adherence, to be sure), but also astronomical shipping rates to the US. Still, on a large enough order, the shipping kind of balances out, and for those of us just too Luddite to have ever embraced torrents, the place seems like a potential weird goldmine. I see very few first-person testimonials though, so I figured if anywhere was the place to ask about experiences with them, this might be it. I'm hoping people have had positive encounters, because I'm pretty tempted to give them a shot--but thanks for any responses!

Quote Originally Posted by Whit View Post
    Has anyone ordered from DVD Planet Store (https://www.dvdplanetstore.pk/)? They're based in Pakistan and have a pretty remarkable selection (of rather dubious copyright adherence, to be sure), but also astronomical shipping rates to the US. Still, on a large enough order, the shipping kind of balances out, and for those of us just too Luddite to have ever embraced torrents, the place seems like a potential weird goldmine. I see very few first-person testimonials though, so I figured if anywhere was the place to ask about experiences with them, this might be it. I'm hoping people have had positive encounters, because I'm pretty tempted to give them a shot--but thanks for any responses!
    I don't have any information, but a quick check on their website that links to their social media presence shows that they haven't updated Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter in 2-3 years; might be cause for concern.

Yeah, also a red flag, that... and now that you mention it, their pre-orders are from 2018. And yet, I'm still tempted by some of the old obscure junk, crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Whit View Post
    Yeah, also a red flag, that... and now that you mention it, their pre-orders are from 2018. And yet, I'm still tempted by some of the old obscure junk, crap!
    Entirely possible they're legit, but there was something else on the FB page where two people asked questions, and somebody else responded with, "Did you hear anything back from them?" Doesn't necessarily mean that they never delivered and didn't respond to communication, but red flaggish, definitely.